Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Mitrović versus Barnes

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Barnes got a 7 match ban for 'tripping' a ref. How long* should Mitrović get for 'shoving' a ref?

Chris Sutton suggests Mitrović should get a ten match ban, and if this is not dealt with harshly it will simply reinforce the culture of intimidation that is driving refs out of grass roots football (and, hence, over time, further up the pyramid).

Besides...it will be useful for Fulham to be deprived of their talisman as the battle against us for a European spot.

*It will be three matches, won't it?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
In 1998, Paulo Di Canio got an 11 game ban for pushing Paul Alcock.

I'd be very surprised if it was just 3 matches.

Putting your hands on the referee is never going to end up well.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I imagine he'll probably be suspended for more games than Bruno Fernandes was when he shoved a ref.

A couple of games, 4-5 perhaps. Pretty soft. If it had been the other way around with the ref shoving a player, he'd never ref in the PL again.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
I'm always slightly disappointed when a ref takes a step back while all these thick shits are yelling in his face. Send off half a dozen of them and the rules would swiftly change. Egg-chasing seems to work well with respect for the referee
yep. they should mic up the refs, anyone who is caught on microphone swearing at ref gets 3 match ban.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Needs to be a long ban. Player behaviour towards referees is getting worse. Most fans are ignorant of the problem.
Most fans appreciate it when one of their players are doing it, because the fans also don't like the refs (ignoring the issue that it will be difficult to keep the sport going without referees). People here have been masturbating like caged monkeys to RDZ having a go at the refs, Fulham fans will likely do the same with Mitrovic.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Fulham are shite. They'd have fallen away from the European race regardless of Mitrovic getting binned today.

They fluked and shithoused their way to a win at our place, but I've seen enough of them that afternoon, and since, to know that they are in a false position. Brentford have far more about them.

We will NOT finish below Fulham.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Which shows more disrespect

A cheeky little trip on the ref and run away
or
Screaming in the ref's face from a foot away

Think we need a poll, Harry :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Different topic (but I can't be arsed to start another thread) the goons on 6-0-6 have spent ten minutes debating whether Citeh should let an on-loan player play against them in the FAC....FFS - the loan arrangement will specify whether a layer can play against the parent club. Normally it will be 'no'. Loan deal contract says no. It has nothing to do with fairness or morality. The producer should tell these two idiot to shut the f*** up.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was wondering the same. Of the 200+ charges against him, he’s admitted half of them so why the delay.
The FA don't want to damage England's chances now Southgate has intimated that he sees Toney as a a nice Christian boy who could fit into his plans.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Fulham are shite. They'd have fallen away from the European race regardless of Mitrovic getting binned today.

They fluked and shithoused their way to a win at our place, but I've seen enough of them that afternoon, and since, to know that they are in a false position. Brentford have far more about them.

We will NOT finish below Fulham.
Fulham are one of the only teams to outplay us this season....

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Obviously I disagree with @Easy 10 , while admitting you dominated us for 80+ minutes at your place. Until the 90 seconds of madness we were on top and on course for a delicious semi final against the Albion at Wembley which for me would have been wonderful. Mitro is hot-headed - has always been like that - but was stupid to lay a hand on the ref.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Fulham are one of the only teams to outplay us this season....
No argument there, we were well off the boil at their place. It was a proper off-night for us.

Nothing I have seen since would persuade me that they are now a better team than us though.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Needs to be a long ban. Player behaviour towards referees is getting worse. Most fans are ignorant of the problem.
Agree. Although I am critical of some of the more ridiculous decisions recently and especially the refs' inability to add on time correctly, the players are out of control at the moment. It really should only be the captain who can speak to the ref and certainly this incessant swearing and swarming around the officials needs to be cut off at source. I would hope at the very least a 6 or 7 game ban for Mitrovic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here