Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Mitrovic off to Al Something-or-other

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I spent 12 years in a Leyton secondary school and we spent several weeks teaching year 8s about the Putney debates. The children learned about the Levellers, Gerrard Winstanley and the Diggers as well. We also covered the Chartists, the Great Indian Rising, Peasants Revolt, Kett's Rebellion, The General Strike, The Miners strikes, the Poll Tax Rebellion, The Haitian Slave revolt, US civil rights, Malcolm X, the Panthers and more besides. All of which can be used in the curriculum and there are text books for.
Well, firstly I want to say sorry that my statement was so sweeping where you are concerned. There is much to take heart in that bundle and I'm quite surprised.

The impression I get is that such use of curriculum is not uniform across the board and as progressive as that.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Well, firstly I want to say sorry that my statement was so sweeping where you are concerned. There is much to take heart in that bundle and I'm quite surprised.

The impression I get is that such use of curriculum is not uniform across the board and as progressive as that.
It depends on the Teachers and their approach to History. There is a fantastic GCSE unit on migration that many schools have adopted as well. We even used Edwin Starr's version of 'War' as a source for the students GCSE unit on the USA. It's marvelous having to listen to it lesson after lesson, high volume with 25 teenagers loving it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here