Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mitoma

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My main hope with Mitoma is that we don't try to beef him up.

Don't worry if he gets eased off the ball sometimes, blistering acceleration and the ability to get through tight spaces will count for more.
I understand your point of not wanting him to lose his acceleration, but I thought strong people were fast? Sprinters aren't weedy.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I understand your point of not wanting him to lose his acceleration, but I thought strong people were fast? Sprinters aren't weedy.

That's really to help them in the drive phase. Mitoma can be more effective being quick over 5 yards than he can by being quick over 50 yards. The less bulk he has to get off the mark the better in my mind

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What a nightmare for tiring defenders to have to deal with. First on comes Lamptey. Then, a few minutes later, Mitoma. Talk about injection of pace! Just need a fox in the box now to maximise the advantage. Undav, say...

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
There was a moment in the second half where he put in a cross, it landed at Welbeck's feet I think who took a shot that was saved by the Leeds keeper. Mitoma was the player following up in case the keeper fumbled. There was hardly any time from the cross to Welbeck's shot so I've got no idea how Mitoma covered the ground so quickly to be there for the second ball if it came. He's ridiculously quick and able to squeeze himself through spaces that simply don't seem to exist. Think we've got an absolute gem here.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That's really to help them in the drive phase. Mitoma can be more effective being quick over 5 yards than he can by being quick over 50 yards. The less bulk he has to get off the mark the better in my mind
I agree on the importance of those first 5 yards, but I still think strength can help there. Another good player for us to watch develop though. We've been getting quite a few of them, I hope not too much if it's down to Dan Ashworth.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I’m going large here….
He’s going to become our EPL Knockaert. He’s going to be f***ing massive.

Is it just me or are there suddenly dozens of Japanese fans now at home games?
Signing players like Mitoma makes so much commercial sense - he looks like a really good player and certainly adds a real depth to the squad.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I’m going large here….

I went to the Leeds and Newcastle games. The majority of 'Japanese' fans that I saw at the Amex were Chinese. Whether there has been an increase in Japanese fans at the games since then I obviously couldn't say.

Mitoma has had an effect on Japan's knowledge of Brighton though. I've had a number of locals talk to me about the Albion(well, Mitoma mostly) when they notice my Brighton shirt. That never happened before this season.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I’m going large here….

Me and my son sit right at the back of WSU and there were three Japanese reporters/journalists in the media section

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Just watched the Chelsea game again... for about the fifth time... and my goodness, what a little diamond we have. Strong contender for player of the season, already.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Just watched the Chelsea game again... for about the fifth time... and my goodness, what a little diamond we have. Strong contender for player of the season, already.
Full 90 minutes? What on?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here