Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Missing tax return - how far back to HMRC check?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Your welcome. Just do another estimated Return to get them off your back.
I've just looked at my 'messages' section online. There are a few messages from various years saying when I've got to fill my return by. There was a message for one year with a small fine for being late. There's never been a message about a missing return. The only reason I know it's supposedly missing is that I (wish I hadn't) clicked on a link on the homepage to look at missing returns. It says the year, and when it was supposed to have been completed etc. They're certainly not 'on my back' about it, I'm not aware that they've ever contacted me about it. It's weird.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I've just looked at my 'messages' section online. There are a few messages from various years saying when I've got to fill my return by. There was a message for one year with a small fine for being late. There's never been a message about a missing return. The only reason I know it's supposedly missing is that I (wish I hadn't) clicked on a link on the homepage to look at missing returns. It says the year, and when it was supposed to have been completed etc. They're certainly not 'on my back' about it, I'm not aware that they've ever contacted me about it. It's weird.

Let sleeping dogs lie

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here