[News] Missing submersible.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Since this story broke, I've been particularly gobsmacked by the fact the submarine is 100% controlled, steered and operated using a modified Playstation controller. And that's it. Think I might build a moon rocket using an old handheld Nintendo Donkey Kong player.
A pedant writes: It's actually a Logitech PC controller, styled like a PlayStation controller - seemingly with 3D-printed plastic enhancements.

In the CBS video, the CEO jokes about it, throws it down and claims to carry two spares.

Which left me thinking: would he really pack two spares?!

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
"A debris field has been discovered within the search area by an ROV near the Titanic, the US Coast Guard has just announced.

Experts within the unified command are evaluating the information.

We will bring you more details shortly."

From the BBC.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
They just announced on LBC that the US Coastguard has found a 'debris field' near the wreck of the Titanic.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
A pedant writes: It's actually a Logitech PC controller, styled like a PlayStation controller - seemingly with 3D-printed plastic enhancements.

In the CBS video, the CEO jokes about it, throws it down and claims to carry two spares.

Which left me thinking: would he really pack two spares?!
It looks like the crappy third-party controller you give to your mates when they come over to play FIFA.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Well, if that is indeed the remains of the sub, at least it offers a degree of closure to the matter for the families. I think, given where we were at this point, finding conclusive evidence of the sub’s fate is about as positive news as could realistically have been hoped for.
I’d be comforted by this if it was my family in there - the idea of them dying instantaneously due to implosion is far more preferable than the alternative.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I’d be comforted by this if it was my family in there - the idea of them dying instantaneously due to implosion is far more preferable than the alternative.
I'm comforted enough to know that none of my family would be so stupid to get in a Heath Robinson tin can

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

This guy has leaked info before the press conference.

Hope the families find out from authorities not live news.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The story had made me incredibly angry and I've tried (at most) to avoid it.

Firstly the wreck is a grave and secondly.... well do I did to spell it out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports