Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Missing Cat

SpidersLegs

Feb 2, 2007
Here & there
A plea to the good folk of NSC who live in Coldean. Our cat hasn't been seen since last Thursday (20th Sept.). If you could keep a eye out for him I would be grateful. He went missing from the Selham Close area of Coldean. He's sandy in colour with a white breast & tummy & wearing a black collar. If you see him please leave a message onthis thread or pm me. Thank you.

Attachments

• 301465_4361656715162_1179389600_n.jpg
    301465_4361656715162_1179389600_n.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 26

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
A plea to the good folk of NSC who live in Coldean. Our cat hasn't been seen since last Thursday (20th Sept.). If you could keep a eye out for him I would be grateful. He went missing from the Selham Close area of Coldean. He's sandy in colour with a white breast & tummy & wearing a black collar. If you see him please leave a message onthis thread or pm me. Thank you.

have a look at my signature and try the city cat shelter, which is in Coldean 14 Ingram Drive and the phone number was 606843
and also lostcatsbrighton on 422721

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sadly Cookie our cat went walkabout three weeks ago so doesn't look like she is coming back.

Hopefully yours will return.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Seems to be a huge number of cats go missing at this time of year. The trees and lampposts of Preston Park mostly all bear pleas for missing moggies. It was always the same all the time I've lived here. Local legend always had it that it was the Uni abducting them for the vivisection department. Doubt now that it was true, Uni probably didn't even HAVE a vivisection dept. Any of the Cat Professionals know why they actually do tend to vanish in large numbers at this time of year. Is there a dormant cat hibernation gene or something?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Seems to be a huge number of cats go missing at this time of year. The trees and lampposts of Preston Park mostly all bear pleas for missing moggies. It was always the same all the time I've lived here. Local legend always had it that it was the Uni abducting them for the vivisection department. Doubt now that it was true, Uni probably didn't even HAVE a vivisection dept. Any of the Cat Professionals know why they actually do tend to vanish in large numbers at this time of year. Is there a dormant cat hibernation gene or something?

in all the time I have worked with, taken in, trapped for re-homing I have had this stupid theory that strays know when you have lost a cat and try to move in, there has also been many theories and I cannot disagree with them that most lost cats have either found a new home or when they are actually lost someone takes them in.
in all the time I was in Brighton running the lost and found around 70% of the cats were found or came home and less than 5% were involved in and argument with a car or in some other way found their demise, that left about 25% that either found themselves another home on their own or were found and went to a rescue and were then re-homed.
having a cat that is stolen is rare other than if you have a very desirable little moggy(Persian,Siamese ect) although why anyone would want either of the two mentioned I don't know both breed are extremely highly strung and very high maintainance, and for the reason of any cat getting lost or stolen they should be microchipped (something I have campaigned for years) if checked properly they will then default back to the owner.
male cats even if they are neutered will go missing on the hunt for a female and if they are un-neutered now would be the time for someone to take and lock them in with their female to produce kittens for Christmas another one of my no no's.
the other thing is having a single cat and everybody out all day this is sure to produce a cat that is going to go out and cause mayhem and maybe even get lost (always feed your cat when it comes in and not on its way out)
OK theres my take on things

prepares to be shot down in flames

just to add most lost cats are found very near their home

Last edited:

SpidersLegs

Feb 2, 2007
Here & there
Thanks everyone. Have been round the neighbour hood & put up some notices with a picture. Have also contacted the RSPCA & the city cat shelter. Hopefully he will turn up in the day or 2.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Not sure but the attached link may give you an idea of where to look for pussy

Cat in the Kettle at The Peking Moon

Not sure what % of the population is Asian but in that part of the world i believe they are partial to a cat or dog for lunch.My guess is most missing cats and dogs are dished up as Chou Mein or Madrass

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here