Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Missed the game today.......

Sep 18, 2003
Don't normally miss a game, but today was my boy's birthday (5 today)

He had a swimming party with 20 of his friends. He really enjoyed it. He always enjoys things - and that's what hurts, cause every day he gets older, the differences between him and his mates get bigger.

He has MD (Muscular Dystrophy), and can't understand why he can't do what all his friends can, and it's just going to get worse and worse until........

Sorry, but life is feeling a little shit at the moment.

As you can see, I don't post often, but thanks for listening (if you did!) I'm going back to the whisky. Anyone remember the last game against Plymouth?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It must be very difficult for you but the important thing is he clearly has a lot of good friends who enjoyed his birthday party so whatever the issue it really doesn't matter as they like your boy.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
not much affects me normally, but thank you ever so much for sharing that with me. Your boy sounds very special and he sounds like he has lots of special friends, and a very special dad as well. brung a wee tear to my eye.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Having a child that's got a long-term or life threatening disease/affliction must be the worst thing possible. The kids themselves often get by wonderfully - and don't consider themselves any worse done-by than anyone else. I'm sure that they don't feel as much mental (or physical) pain as their parents. But, for mum and dad, there's always the dreadful thought that they'll probably outlive their child. For any parent this is just a pain that's too much to bear - and I sympathise with you.

Happy birthday to your son, and many more to come. Hopefully we'll see you back at Withdeam soon - and at Falmer.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sounds like your lad has had a wonderful day, thanks entirely to the efforts made by what are obviously very loving parents.

Your day will have been all the richer for the time you spent with the young lad, mine was partially enhanced by Trevor Benjamin turning on the proverbial sixpence prior to being chopped down.

Best wishes to you all.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Don't think there can be anyone on here who's a dad who read your post with dry eyes. Sounds like your lad had a brilliant time with his mates, and that's all that counts right now. Happy Birthday to the wee man and make sure your give him the mother of all birthday bashes at Falmer a couple of years down the line. Take care.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here