Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Misogyny, Racism & Bullying Everywhere

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Another day, another service found guilty of multiple institutional isms. Today it's the London Fire Brigade. WTF gives? ???

Probably all just banter tho eh? :rolleyes:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Which country are they referring to?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Really depressing read that report. Hopefully once the older generation of firefighters have cleared through this stuff increasingly gets left behind. (without wanting to generalise!)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Really depressing read that report. Hopefully once the older generation of firefighters have cleared through this stuff increasingly gets left behind. (without wanting to generalise!)
ironically ageist ???

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Are you institutionally thick?
3 strikes and you’re now out. Persistently rude across multiple threads for some time now, no idea what your beef is/was but all uncalled for. You’re now on ignore. As is the way, no point replying because I won’t read. It’s deliciously ironic btw you’re unable to deduce the point I was alluding to though, yet insult me in such a manner. :wanker:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't know whether things have got worse or not, but at least some people are being held to account. It's worse when everyone pretends there's nothing wrong.
Precisely.

Some previously free-range chickens are coming home to roost.

SAC

May 21, 2014
There are young men who are misogynistic so nothing changing there.
I suspect that it's much, much better now than a generation ago when it was probably better than the generation before.

There will always be misogynistoc people but hopefully they grow to keep their views to themselves. Just like most racists do now and a lot of homophobes do.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Are you institutionally thick?

3 strikes and you’re now out. Persistently rude across multiple threads for some time now, no idea what your beef is/was but all uncalled for. You’re now on ignore. As is the way, no point replying because I won’t read. It’s deliciously ironic btw you’re unable to deduce the point I was alluding to though, yet insult me in such a manner. :wanker:

Get a room

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I suspect that it's much, much better now than a generation ago when it was probably better than the generation before.

There will always be misogynistoc people but hopefully they grow to keep their views to themselves. Just like most racists do now and a lot of homophobes do.
Or 'f*** off out of it' as it is sometimes known.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Problem is, institutionalised racism and misogyny is built into the system and it’s endemic in our society - it won’t resolve itself through racists and misogynists exercising some kind of voluntary speech censorship.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham

I’ve worked with ex LFB firefighters. One older black guy who was one of the first black firefighters described what it was like when he first joined and it was bad. He was basically a good fighter and once people realised that he got left alone.

A younger guy described how his crew attended a call and came back to the fire engine to find bananas on the seats except his. He was the only white guy on his crew. That event did at least lead to consequences and management were furious. It was obviously another crew from the same station but it was hard to prove who.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I think this is one of the reasons why the younger generations try to make a big deal out of everything, because it actually puts these issues in the spotlight. Hopefully in 20 years or so years people can live and love in peace. Our economic situation will be in ruins though.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
I don't know whether things have got worse or not, but at least some people are being held to account. It's worse when everyone pretends there's nothing wrong.

Very much this. If the reports are being published and not swept under the carpet, and there’s meaningful action being taken as a result, it’s actually some form of progress.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here