Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Minor PC problems help please.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I am sure it happened before. Just typing away not looking when you notice the parts you have typed have posted in amongst the other words not at the end. Likand this happenede I was typing away. Should read like i was typing away.

All your base are belong to us

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Problem =
scaryfood-sausage-fingers.jpg

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Actually BG, I don't think you're mental in this case. Because I get that too.

IF, I understand you correctly - Do you mean that your words keep getting re-ordered in your posts on NSC?

If I make a word italic, then keep typing, then switch back to normal about 4 seconds later the cursor moves back to that word, so the post gets all messed up. [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] have you seen that?

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Some time ago someboappearing in the text but not in th correct place or order suggested down loading a program to stop words , As per this post in which should read words appearing but not in the correct place or order, what was the name of the program please.

Also all off my little men like LOL Dunce etc have disappeared from the Go Advanced tab on here how do I replace them /

Many thanks for any help.

Perfectliy clearY seems It ttO it mee.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Turn the mouse pad off if your on a laptop should be F6

Bizarrely, for a BG/computer-thread.... this is the correct answer.

If you press too hard on the front of the keyboard on a laptop (especially cheap ones and lenovos!) you can trigger the mouse pad causing the cursor to jump around the screen. Disable the pad and use a wireless usb mouse instead.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thanks that is probably the answer as it is a lenovo laptop. I was sure somebody posted a program to overcome this that could be downloaded, possibly last year, but I dont know the name or how to find it.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Pencil and Paper might be the answer.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
How do I post on here with that? Posters on here would have nobody to slate or take the p..s out of.

You could write something, then scan it in to a pdf, then...... but I suppose that might get a bit too complicated.

And I'm a Grandad too, so I sympathise. I am sure it is all affectionate......

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You could write something, then scan it in to a pdf, then...... but I suppose that might get a bit too complicated.

And I'm a Grandad too, so I sympathise. I am sure it is all affectionate......

If not it is like water off a ducks back and I know I probably encourage the mickey taking so do not worry unduly and I have generally been given good advice on here cos whatever it is somebofy knows the answer.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Tried that sent Bozza a pm asking, the reply received was no idea sorry, if he doesnt know how to retireve something on this site, who does?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here