Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Mings out for the season

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It might not be good news for the Albion if Dunk ends up in the England squad but not actually starting the competitive matches, as you get all the time away and travelling without much upside.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
dont mind Mings as a person based on interviews etc. Was a tick box for England though.

Good news for Dunk
What boxes? Tall, strong, quick, left footed?

He's one of those players that opposition fans don't appreciate but he is exactly the sort of player who makes a team. He is a Veltman/Dunk/Gross type character who is steady, consistent and sets the standards for the team. He's had a significant knee injury previously, he's a very unlucky guy. Hopefully he'll be able to keep himself busy and involved with the team and club in some other capacity during his rehabilitation.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
First time I'd ever picked him for my Fantasy League ream. Had I known that this was going to be the outcome, I'd have have picked Zaha years ago. :ROFLMAO:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I have constantly written on here about my dislike of tyrone minge and all things villa. I wish him a speedy recovery as I won't diss a player whilst injured, so hurry up and get better

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Feel bad for old Tyrone, I've always disliked him as a player but his conduct off the pitch has been pretty great. Stuck his head above the parapet and took on Priti Patel, and then was treated appallingly by the clueless and rather dislikeable Steven Gerrard but remained stoic and rebuilt himself at Villa as Stevie G floundered. Hope he recovers quickly!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Would never wish an injury on any player, especially one that keeps him out for so long. But, hope Dunk doesn't get a call up, he'll need some rest this season.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
People making out like Mings is an England regular, his half an hour in June against Malta was his first competitive game for England in nearly 2 years. That was the first time he’d even been called up to a squad since a friendly in March 2022.

Like many things people seem to dislike Southgate for, this idea he has a love affair with Mings is a bit of a myth.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Before yesterday's trouncing of Everton, Villa wore prematch 'TY' t-shirts to send a supportive message to Mings.

Meanwhile it's just been announced that John Stones is ruled out until after the forthcoming international break.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66567715

With another CB out, his form and Albion's success, one would think there's a fair chance Dunk's going to be called up again.

9th September - Ukraine (A)
12th September - Scotland (A) - 150th Anniversary Heritage Match

Not that I suspect many Albion fans really want an international break at the moment with how we're playing, but them's the breaks.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Before yesterday's trouncing of Everton, Villa wore prematch 'TY' t-shirts to send a supportive message to Mings.

Meanwhile it's just been announced that John Stones is ruled out until after the forthcoming international break.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66567715

With another CB out, his form and Albion's success, one would think there's a fair chance Dunk's going to be called up again.

9th September - Ukraine (A)
12th September - Scotland (A) - 150th Anniversary Heritage Match

Not that I suspect many Albion fans really want an international break at the moment with how we're playing, but them's the breaks.
May well explain Southgate showing his face at Wolves with loads of English centre halfs on display

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here