Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Mings out for the season

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
After getting called back up to the England squad at the tail end of last year, this is Shirley interesting news for a certain Lewis Carl Dunk.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not a fan but wouldn’t wish the injury on anyone. Oh the irony of having to wait for a Mings injury to get a place in the England squad. If Dunk gets the nod I hope England don't have too many games this season.
Had he played the ball and not attempt to foul Issack (sp), only to bounce off him he'd be fine now.

Shirley the bigger question is who will they replace him with - looking at you now palace. (and the tiniest of tiny side eyes to Webster).

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Maybe Colwill will get the nod. I was listening to Southgate on the radio the other morning and he was keen to point out that England had some fantastic youngsters coming through. I think that comment was made when he was asked about McGuires prospects.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I don't wish this sort of injury on any player.

Villa have had a disastrous start to the season.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Maybe Colwill will get the nod. I was listening to Southgate on the radio the other morning and he was keen to point out that England had some fantastic youngsters coming through. I think that comment was made when he was asked about McGuires prospects.
Much more likely than Dunk unfortunately. Southgate will see it as an opportunity to bed in a young player who could go on to become an England regular over the next decade.

In his shoes I’d do the same to be honest.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
After getting called back up to the England squad at the tail end of last year, this is Shirley interesting news for a certain Lewis Carl Dunk.

Dunk has been called up more recently than Mings anyway 🤷🏻‍♂️

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't wish this sort of injury on any player.

Villa have had a disastrous start to the season.
Me neither but I wish nothing but bad things in all other respects on that shitehousing club. I am pleased they got their arses kicked by Smug Eddie’s Beheaders and I fecking hate them too :lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It looked a horrible injury on MOTD. Said to son and Mrs GB it was probably long term, maybe ACL while we were watching.

I know he gets stick from our fans but you can add me to the list of those just wishing him well. Wouldn't want an injury like that happening to any player.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Mings may well be a donkey consistently undeserving of the England squad place he was getting, but he also comes across as a thoroughly decent human being, so you can't help feel for him getting an injury like that.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Mings may well be a donkey consistently undeserving of the England squad place he was getting, but he also comes across as a thoroughly decent human being, so you can't help feel for him getting an injury like that.

Yet it’s a donkey we never seem to be able to get the better of when we play them ???

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
I've never quite got the hate for him on here, apart from the consistent picking of him over Dunk for England.
Wish him all the best in his recovery

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Agree on the others that this is probably Colwill’s moment

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Hope he is ok, he suffers from mental health problems and this injury will be a test. Needs good people around him.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
While I have never rated Mings as a CB after he went off it became apparent that he does actually hold that back line together, so I will concede he is probably rather good at stuff us non pros don't see.
Either way I wish him and the best with his recovery, while simultaneously wishing villa suffer total melt down.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
dont mind Mings as a person based on interviews etc. Was a tick box for England though.

Good news for Dunk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here