Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Minecraft...

Weretheweststand

Unregistered User
Aug 23, 2011
Hailsham
The best person to watch on YouTube is Etho's lab (http://www.youtube.com/ethoslab)
He is amazing at the game and watching his videos can give you an idea of what to do from an experienced player. IMO he makes the best videos on YouTube :) he's quitting his job to make videos full time soon, so take a look!

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
I was searching all day, and being my first day still, didn't have any. In sheer panic, I dug myself straight down into a shaft when the monsters came out and found a flipping ton of the stuff. I've also got some iron and have found a couple of patches of gold. I assume I need better to tools to mine this?

Yea I think it's an iron pickaxe for gold dude.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
I don't get this game. I've tried to understand it but wtf happens lol.

Imagination dude, imagination! There is no beginning and no end, no story to follow etc. Watch some youtube vids and check out the minecraft forum I posted on page 1 for some inspiration :)

omgitsjames

Nov 24, 2011
California
Love the game. I run a server off my local computer for a few friends and I to play on. We also get on skype so we can talk instead of type out a conversation.

Dec 29, 2011
Interested in buying. I'm imagining you just build your own worlds with houses and stuff. How much is it on XBLA? Can I join or host a server with my friends?

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Interested in buying. I'm imagining you just build your own worlds with houses and stuff. How much is it on XBLA? Can I join or host a server with my friends?

1600 points on XBLA. The server is hosted on the Xbox where the world is created - so if you create a world, your friends can join it and build stuff. From that point on, your saved game will have to be up and running for people to continue playing on it.

Dec 29, 2011
1600 points on XBLA. The server is hosted on the Xbox where the world is created - so if you create a world, your friends can join it and build stuff. From that point on, your saved game will have to be up and running for people to continue playing on it.

Thanks for the info :) (might be worth a punt at about £13, can't really go too wrong).

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
So, what exactly is it?

its basically a massive lego world, you mine the landscape for block of material you can then use to build. think you can also make various tools and weapons and what not. only played the demo which is limited, like the idea.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
5. Built a wicke football stadium on my iPhone. I'd say about a 20,000 seater.

f*** me sir, I bow down to you! What phone do you rock with? I've got the Galaxy S2 but never devote enough time to it to build anything meaningful!

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I can't think of a better game released in 2011 (as a full final version, not the betas). The *only* game which will surpass this will be Grand Theft Auto V which I am wetting the bed over.

Incidentally The Fat Ballboy, son of Return of the Rev spent an entire coach trip to Colchester away first game after we were champions of league 1 I believe(?) mocking me about this game, i earned the nickname "minecraft". I also had a pretty swanky Albion shirt skin last summer but I can't find it.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
So yesterday was National Geek Pride Day and being the geek that I am I put in a couple of hours on the geekiest of all games, Minecraft (Xbox) which got me wondering, are there any NSC'ers who immerse themselves in this strange phenomenon?

My son would play it 24 hrs a day if we'd let him. When he's not playing it, he's telling us about it, or watching You Tube videos about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here