Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mindless vandalism

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton
For the third time in 6 months my car has been vandalised overnight. I've spent about £600 getting new wing mirrors and takingt out dents and key scratches. What do these idiots get out of it. Every car got done up my street last night (nr the Level on Ditchling Rd) - costing thousands to honest hard working people. I hate these people with every bone in my body right now. I hope their co*ks rot off.:rant:
Rant over.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
For the third time in 6 months my car has been vandalised overnight. I've spent about £600 getting new wing mirrors and takingt out dents and key scratches. What do these idiots get out of it. Every car got done up my street last night (nr the Level on Ditchling Rd) - costing thousands to honest hard working people. I hate these people with every bone in my body right now. I hope their co*ks rot off.:rant:
Rant over.
Yeah these little fuckwits need a good slap,the old bill don't give a shite either.You can't bloody win:rant:

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton
I've still reported it. To be fair they haven'tgot the resources to patrol the streets every night looking for these idiots.

Porky

Oct 5, 2003
Ontario. Canada
The problem is in the sentences handed out by incompetents sitting in judgement from JPs to Magisrates. A young punk is sentenced to no TV for a month for such an incident, and is an immediate hero with his/her contemporiies.
Give them 90 days in the slammer, and make sure they are made to look as attaractive as possible before entering its hallowes halls.
Some while ago one of the individuals responsible for the Grand Hotel bombing and the reulting mayhem was released and received a standing ovation when he appeared in the Parish Church of Brighton.
I thought this was sickening, but was flamed on here for my opinion,

Hoggy

Controversial!
Sep 28, 2006
BN1
people who destroy personal property, like cars or gardens, are ****s, i admit i have walked home on occaision after a night out, and the only thing i would consider doing is pulling a council bin up, bit sad but is fun at the time, especially when you do a sequence of them! i would never consider breaking a wing mirror off, thats just wrong, i have only ever turned them in, or put the wind screen wiper up!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Like the baskets who have vandalised my beach hut

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Rant over.

had the stereo nicked out of my car a while back, parked on Shaftsbury Road:rant:

Last edited:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Rant over.

Bloody hell thats rough! Maybe a cctv camera would catch em?

Okay, I have a solution for you people;

Two options, and you have to either implement them, or accept the costs of vandalism.

1) Form a REAL 'neighbourhood watch' program, where you take it in turns to do shifts. Either one street or a group of streets can organize it. When these sorts of conglomerated and organized areas start growing in numbers, vandals and thieves will become more and more nervous about approaching areas to do their crimes.
The problem with this, of course, is that your neighbours have to be all of one mind to take part, and all organized to actually do the shifts they are allocated.

2) HIRE security, actually have a consortium that will collect and pool the required funds, do paperwork and administration for the private employment of permanent security personnel. This may be a couple of unemployed lads who are willing and able to set up a street night-watch & patrol, for which they will receive a wage. Buy or build a portable hut that can be set up every evening and dismantled, or... a security van with adequate facilities, and windows for the security guard to be able to patrol or oversee a whole pre-designated area.
The guard would have a line to the police authorities at all times, and/or an audible alarm to alert residents to any occurrence they were unable to handle alone.
The cost, as an example; 1 night officer for an 80 house area = £1 per night, per household (or could be allocated per adult?). This would be £7 per week per household (£30 per calender month, = £360 per year). Employees take home around £50 per night, after tax. Admin, paperwork, taxes and stamps takes care of the rest (all numbers aproximated).

Clubs and pubs have security, which have to be paid for from profits - why not have a security compliment for housing/parking areas? This is active insurance, the police would probably approve greatly, and be prepared to work with such schemes, and help to enforce (without further costs incurred)
In these days of City - we need to become, within it, little villages again!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
This happened where I used to live, I lost one wing mirror, some of my neighbours lost several. There was also a spate of break ins and one bloke had his car and motorbike torched (it is believed this was some sort of attack on the person he had bought the house off, some sort of revenge attack, pity they got the wrong man). It is low level crime and the cops are generally not bothered about it, we aren't talking rape or murder here, but it does lower the tone of the neighbourhood and reduce quality of life.

It was known that the perpetrators were a group of youths, the problem was catching the buggers, one night I heard a smash and legged it out of my house just in time to see them turn the corner out of the road. In the end I decided to move, I also had an extremely anti-social neighbour on one side, far happier where I am now as it is quieter and doesn't have the scrote factor thrown in for good measure.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
This happened where I used to live, I lost one wing mirror, some of my neighbours lost several. There was also a spate of break ins and one bloke had his car and motorbike torched (it is believed this was some sort of attack on the person he had bought the house off, some sort of revenge attack, pity they got the wrong man). It is low level crime and the cops are generally not bothered about it, we aren't talking rape or murder here, but it does lower the tone of the neighbourhood and reduce quality of life.

It was known that the perpetrators were a group of youths, the problem was catching the buggers, one night I heard a smash and legged it out of my house just in time to see them turn the corner out of the road. In the end I decided to move, I also had an extremely anti-social neighbour on one side, far happier where I am now as it is quieter and doesn't have the scrote factor thrown in for good measure.

How dissapointing to have to move because of things like that! We've been very lucky with neighbours and our cars and property around here - it'd be flipping awful if you weren't comfortable in your own home. Glad you're happier now...

To be honest I'd be scared of retribution if I ever had to form some kind of neighbourhood watch group to get rid of any problems like that, if they ever cropped up!

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
Shortly before moving away from Worthing I had my car vandalised. The police told me they actually caught the people in the act, but they got off with nothing more than a caution.

I had 2 wing mirrors missing. Footprints along the bonnet and a roof completely caved in as they had jumped up and down on it. £3000 worth of damage and I had to put up with a comedy hire car for 3 months during the repair.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
To be honest tede, I was living in what is commonly known as a three year house...you live in it for three years and then move somewhere better...it was just that I only lasted for two. I had lovely neighbours on one side, a retired couple, could not have asked for nicer people they really were the salt of the earth.

The other side was a completely different story, a woman and her son who were noisy, vile people, they used to throw their rubbish in my garden...thought about getting my mates round to beat the pasty faced sod into a pulp, but I am not a violent person...unless provoked. So, these people actually did me a favour and almost a year ago I moved to where I live now, the ironic fact is that if I had waited till this summer there is no way I could have afforded to.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Rant over.

we had a business in that area and had our car trashed many a time until we bought an old banger it was never touched its pure jealousy bastards:censored:

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
I would welcome the chance to kick the shit out of one of these people that do this sort of thing !!!!!!!!!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I had my car attacked a few times in Oxford. I lived in a student district (being one) and it was the route from the Nightclubs to the Kebab shops. I caught a fresher kicking off my wing mirror and would have belted him one if I hadn't been with my (then) girlfriend.

Turned out he was doing the same degree as me, as I sat next to him the next morning in the Real Estate computer room. I asked him how his head was and whether he had a sore foot. Cue an embarrassed, stuttering apology and I never saw him again.

This was rife in Oxford. Absolutely disgraceful behaviour and no excuses. They should be hung up by their reproductive organs.

I hope you manage to catch them Stoaty.

It does sound as though it could be students.

Sorry to hear about your battle.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here