Dubai
Sad loss.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Such sad news, I really like Low, and love Mimi's voice. I think their recent more experimental, noisy albums are great, but I have to come back to Secret Name, which soundtracked quite an emotional time for me, and particularly 2-Step. I have always found this song moving, but today Mimi's gorgeous warble is devastating. Younger than I am as well. F**k cancer (again).

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Such sad news, I really like Low, and love Mimi's voice. I think their recent more experimental, noisy albums are great, but I have to come back to Secret Name, which soundtracked quite an emotional time for me, and particularly 2-Step. I have always found this song moving, but today Mimi's gorgeous warble is devastating. Younger than I am as well. F**k cancer (again).

Couldn't have put it better myself. After Things We Lost in the Fire, I was less enamoured by their output, until their last two albums, which are both stunning. But if I had to name one album and one song, it's Secret Name and Two Step

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Oh, that's very sad news. Saw them a few times, albeit not recently. A real talent.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Feeling very sad this evening. We played Just Like Christmas at our wedding and it became our special anniversary song. Last saw them at St George’s and they were great, as always. Think The Curtain Hits The Cast is my favourite - so much space and emotion between the notes, then it goes absolutely crazy in Do You Know How To Waltz? Mimi had such a lovely purity to her voice. The songs were often simple and engaging, but with an edge of mystery and repressed emotion. Will miss them so much as they’ve been part of my life and my family’s life for so long. California in particular reminds me of the last time we lived in Brighton when our children were small. RIP Mimi, you gave us so much….

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Saw them recently at primavera and they were awesome, didn’t think it would be the last time, but I’m happy that I got to enjoy that beautiful wall of sound RIP.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here