Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Millwall refunding those who went to Bradford

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Surely the performance is a reflection of the manager unless his hands are tied when it comes to improving the squad. Someone must be to blame

According to the Posh chairman, the players in their team were to blame, not the manager.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
On the basis that Tony Bloom regularly travels by train to away games all around the country I would say he probably does. In fact Paul Barber travelled with him to Doncaster last season

I don't believe Bloom has ever offered us ticket money back though...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
What was the ticket price? £10? £4.5k total then?

I bet he has players being paid four or five times that in a week.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
No but that wasn't in your post - he has done other things like free beer at an away game, paid for fans tickets to an away game, laid on a free meal for fans on the summer tour

Yes it was - "I've always wondered if the players/managers/chairmen WHO OFFER THIS realise that...".

Anyway not really important, you seem to think I am now having a go at Bloom, whereas actually he wasn't remotely on the radar of my initial point. When did he pay for away tickets btw? I missed that one it seems.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes it was - "I've always wondered if the players/managers/chairmen WHO OFFER THIS realise that...".

Anyway not really important, you seem to think I am now having a go at Bloom, whereas actually he wasn't remotely on the radar of my initial point. When did he pay for away tickets btw? I missed that one it seems.
Hull replay in the FA cup last season.

SAC

May 21, 2014
It's a nice gesture with little cost to the club. I do wonder if they would have done the same if it was 3000 fans at £28 a pop but I suppose that is irrelevant as it wasn't. Does it set a president now though, if they get thrashed at their next away game, will they do the same again?

Holloway is not as bad as some are making out, the Millwall team are pretty poor and you can only polish a turd so much.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

No you are correct I ignored the three capital words in your first post and was commenting on the fact that TB probably realises more than most chairmen as he does it.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
On the basis that Tony Bloom regularly travels by train to away games all around the country I would say he probably does. In fact Paul Barber travelled with him to Doncaster last season

I wonder if they used a "2 Together" railcard to get a third off ?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Yes that's true, but by all accounts the performance was embarassingly bad, and l would imagine it was only the really hard core Millwall support who travelled, so hey, l think they deserved the gesture as a one off.

Nice too that the chairman realised how appallingly badly they played.

Oh it's quite possible that they do deserve it and I can't imagine many will begrudge them it, though does it now set a precedent?

What happens next time they're just as abject away from home? Will fans be expecting a similar payout?

It's possible I'm reading too much into it. It's a common complaint that people want to be treated as fans rather than customers, however, it's now not uncommon now to see/hear people saying that they expect a better performance for their money and should be recompensed, which is very much the action of a customer. It can't go both ways.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How is Holloway still in that job?

Wins against Brighton help him keep jobs, not sure we've beaten any Holloway managed team more than ONCE in total over the years?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Great gesture and all but where do you draw the line? I could perfectly understand Sunderland doing it for the 8-0 defeat to Saints but whilst 4-0 is bad, it doesn't come close to matching travelling nearly the length of the country to get not only thumped, but totally annihilated.

Shoppers

Jul 14, 2013
I spoke to one of the 'die hard supporters' today and he was devasted. Not by the score but by the total lack of commitment and effort shown by the players. As he said a nice gesture but stop the players their appearnce bonus, as they were not intersested and showed know respect.

Even at our worst this season the players still tried pity the manager didn't have a clue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here