Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

millwall refund

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
f*** sake its a poor wind up. Tho he does have a point. We should have beaten a poor millwall side. Anyone who says anything else is deluded.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Have love fo this guy and cash in your pockets CS. Checked your texts recently?

Ironically, given my comment about the OP’s lack of brains your comment has gone right over my head!

Did you not get my text?? I had to decline the invitation as I am in Putney this evening.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
If we can write in and ask for money back when we don't consider the football played to be "value for money" or "any good" I want my season ticket refunded from the Hinshelwood era.

On the subject of asking for money back for the Millwall game, this sent to me on facebook, it's actually been written by a second or third cousin of mine....

Wednesday 19th October 2011

Mr G Poyet

Brighton And Hove Albion FC

American Express Community Stadium

Village Way

Brighton

BN1 9BL

Dear Mr Poyet

I write to you today in an attempt to pull on your heart strings and offer you some help when it comes to your training methods.

I, firstly, would like to congratulate you on your promotion last season and say how well i feel your team has started this campaign, long may it continue.

The reason i am writing to you is 2 fold. I feel that:-

1) Your team, and especially Ryan Harley, should practise taking penalties after Tuesday nights horrendous effort and

2) I have enclosed my betting slip from William Hills as this penalty miss has cost me £484.90.

I am getting married next month (Friday 25th November) and my fiancé is expecting our first child in May 2012 and i cannot afford professional footballers to be taking penalties in such a fashion that it is going to cost me money.

If Ryan Harley had taken this penalty in a professional manner, there is no doubt that he would have scored and i would have won my bet. I was appalled when i saw the penalty on sky sports news on Tuesday evening, so much so that i hardly slept at all that evening.

For this reason, i believe it only right that i am reimbursed to the tune of £484.90 by either Brighton and Hove Albion FC or Ryan Harley himself. As manager of the club i believe you should authorise a deduction from Mr Harley’s October salary and send me a cheque for the money he cost me. If your club would prefer i can send you my bank details to allow a BACS transfer of the funds. I am not an unreasonable person, so therefore i won’t add the cost of postage to the amount Mr Harley owes me.

I did my job in an exceptional manner in predicting 8 results which all would have happened if not for this abomination of a penalty so i feel it only right and proper that i am reimbursed for this unbelievable error on Mr Harley’s part.

Actually Gus (can i call you Gus) i have just replayed the highlights of the game and i feel i may have been a tad harsh on Mr Harley, blaming him solely for your team costing me money. Your goalkeeper, Casper Ankergren, showed disgraceful “crisp packet hands” in allowing a shot from 30 yards to beat him so therefore please deduct £242.45 from each of Ryan Harley and Casper Ankergren’s October salaries and send me the full £484.90 as previously mentioned.

I believe that you, Gus, (thanks for letting me call you Gus), are a very good man and can see that i have been wronged in a very big way and that this small gesture from you and your club will go a long way to providing my wife to be in having a lovely wedding day and buy my unborn child a couple of baby grows. You never know my child may even grow to become a Brighton and Hove Albion supporter in years to come. Heaven knows the way Bradford City is going we may not have a professional club in my city.

If this doesn’t work then i suggest that i call my child Gustavo Augusto Dominguez Jarvis.

I look forward to receiving your prompt reply and of course my cheque.

Yours in Sport

Paul Jarvis

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Im writing to the top man at BHA, requesting a full no quibble refund for myself and my son who attended the millwall game. Im sorry, but as paying customers we have a right to expect value for money, and im afraid we were dished up nowhere near that, we played like clueless headless chickens, had no compassion, lacked any ideas, looked like a 2nd div team, and as for that dire shocking penalty miss, cock up, school boy error, call it what you like.. it must rate in the worlds top ten worst ever penalty misses. Not only that, it cost us the game, a game we should have won with ease. As for gus poriot, stating he backs harley over that miss, well hold your head in shame mate, is all i can say, cause if i was the manager id be bloody fuming, and harley would be strung up. I for one will not be wasting any more of my hard earned money on what i consider to be comical football

WOW. You obviously didnt go the final few years at the goldstone or Gillingham! It was so bad in those days that you'd have been demanding your cash back weekly.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
Im writing to the top man at BHA, requesting a full no quibble refund for myself and my son who attended the millwall game. Im sorry, but as paying customers we have a right to expect value for money, and im afraid we were dished up nowhere near that, we played like clueless headless chickens, had no compassion, lacked any ideas, looked like a 2nd div team, and as for that dire shocking penalty miss, cock up, school boy error, call it what you like.. it must rate in the worlds top ten worst ever penalty misses. Not only that, it cost us the game, a game we should have won with ease. As for gus poriot, stating he backs harley over that miss, well hold your head in shame mate, is all i can say, cause if i was the manager id be bloody fuming, and harley would be strung up. I for one will not be wasting any more of my hard earned money on what i consider to be comical football

Something tells me that you won't be missed, We do not need idiots like you following the Albion. Why not start supporting another club that is more in tune with your juvenile attitude- palace maybe ( they need more to help with their abysmal home gates!) BYE BYE!

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I actually agree with the OP and although I only listened on Seagulls player I will be writing for a full refund on the year's subscription as Warren Aspinall's description of that penalty miss made me :facepalm:

Not good enough and I have had enough. Any REAL Albion fan will understand our disappointment

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
well call me what u like say what you like, but dont slate me, cause its the truth, and more often than not the truth hurts.. and no its not a wind up.. and no i been to other games this season, and yes been going to brighton games for yrs.. if some of you were happy with the way we played, then fine.

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008

I'm so angry, I could, I could...... I could write a letter. Grrrr.... Or you could just get on with it and support your football team. PRAT

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
100% this and a very poor one at that! 1/10

Im writing to the "top man" at BHA

It would stronglyy suggest that this apology for a wind up merchant is not a Brighton fan as he doesn't even know the name of the 'Top Man'. I suspect he wasn't even there.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
well call me what u like say what you like, but dont slate me, cause its the truth, and more often than not the truth hurts.. and no its not a wind up.. and no i been to other games this season, and yes been going to brighton games for yrs.. if some of you were happy with the way we played, then fine.

You sure you been going to games teams play shit from time to time its part and parcel of the game :facepalm:

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne

I'm sure that if you promise and I mean REALLY promise ( NO fingers crossed behind your back..etc) never to go to an Albion game EVER again, then I'm sure we could have a whip round for you and you can shove the money where the sun does'nt shine you Twonk :dunce:

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
keep all your replies..comments, opinions coming lads, makes good reading:rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here