Millwall racists in the Sun. WTF????

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Millwall Press Office called me and asked that we go to the following sites and send emails to put down the stupid report in The Sun:

The Sun letters@the-sun.co.uk
Press Complaints Commission http://www.pcc.org.uk/complaint/complaintform.asp
The FA http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/ContactUs/

Millwall also did not realise that the "Sieg Heils" was us singing "Seagulls" and pointing to the pitch as we normally do. They are devestated by this and I told them that all of us on NSC had not experienced any problems and they have our support.

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
Believe me the majority are horrible racist people. Now i cant comment on the game on saturday but they are very racist.

www.independentmillwall.com

You will find racist comments on there from time to time, one poster even has a picture of one little yellow chick chasing a bunch of black chicks with the caption 'niggers'! And cos they think its acceptable they wont ban him or ask him to remove his picture.

http://boards.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=937&p=16&style=2&forumId=6297&action=1&replytoid=2128731018

Alot of them think its acceptable to be racist, just cos they've grown up with it. This is the 21st centuary, there shouldnt be any racism and those people that are racists have a very small brain.

I dont particuarly like Smallwall;)

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
Caveman said:
I could just as easily dig out homophobic & racists comments from your lot.

But this report is a lie and is designed to stir up trouble.
Really? could you please dig out the racist comments for me please, i'll be shocked.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
The article is bollocks, anyone at the games knows that, yet some people who post on those Millwall boards appear to really f*cking hate black and asian people.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
eagles #1 said:
Believe me the majority are horrible racist people. Now i cant comment on the game on saturday but they are very racist.

www.independentmillwall.com

Who's this bloke?

seagul.JPG

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I've just read the article, and am horrified at the 'Seig-Heil!' headline. I'm actually upset that our 'Seagulls' chant can be used in such a callous way to tar the Millwall fans. This is terrible.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I can picture the scenario now:

Reporter bloke is in the Millwall end listening to the Seagulls chant, a bloke near to him says to his mate "sounds like they are chanting 'Sieg Heil' like those Real fans last week!" - then they chuckle to each other and mimmick it for a second before realising that its wrong. Reporter bloke goes OTT as they always do and you get said article.....investigation solved, sack the reporters, just call me COLUMBO!

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Just read the article and it's just nonsense. The bit that does it for me (apart from the Seig Heil rubbish) is when he mentions that the photgrapher he went with (who I assume was pitchside) saw the racist banner unfurled in the tier above. Well why didn't he take a picture of it? Where are all the shots of the nazi salutes? Terrible, terrible journalism from a paper you'd have thought would have learnt its lesson.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Exactly FF. What snapper worth his salt wouldn't have got pictures as evidence. Even if he couldn't capture the banners words he could have proved the intent.

Not like he wasn't primed and ready for such events (that was the reason for the New Nation magazine sending their man there I presume). Also, pictures of that nature from Millwall would have been paper gold given the current climate, media frenzy and FA charges.

Also, if the author was forced to sit on his own, how come he's got people round him in the picture?

At least they've pixelated the perpetrators faces out so as not to shock middle England. What a joke. Whole thing stinks.

Last edited:

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
dave the gaffer said:

It was interesting he didn't hear any homophobic chanting...but there again, I think he had a different agenda.

Interestingly a new record was set as the first post-kickoff rendition of "Does you boyfiend know you're here" was clocked at just 44 seconds.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
It is just typical of the sensationalist s**t stirring tabloid press that has evovled over the past 10 years as they battle to hold on to their readership.

I hope Millwall FC are able to take the Sun to court and sue them for this bit of shameful journalism. Ironicaly their are still probably quite a few Millwall Fans who read the Sun who will be proud of this article:(

How odd. Is the Sun story online - I don't really want to have to buy a copy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports