Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Millwall in need of our support

Eurobound

Brazil 2014- here we come
Nov 3, 2003
15 year old I was, and Albion played Millwall back in the late 70s at the Goldstone
Tuesday night game, me and my mate (Also 15 going to school next day) walking thru the greyhaound stadium car park aftre the match

"Hi lads (Says 4 of them in their early twenties) what was the score"
We said the score, said Bton played really well (naively) wham bam, thank you mam, broken nose chipped tooth black eye. My mate ran a bit faster but was put on floor.

4 v 2, kids we were. Real hard men they were eh? ...... they got into a car laughing and I still got up gave them the 2 fingered salute, blood all over my face

Millwall...... Nah, not for me. Reap what you sow etc etc

fukem

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Ta for reply... Your posts have given the reasoning of signing the petition a much wider dimension for which I am grateful.
I'm not gonna bother reading the thread and just say, Millwall can **** off[emoji38]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
It was Millwall fans that stood in the goalmouth against Bournmouth many years ago to help Brighton fans who had been chased out of the north stand so I have a soft spot for them even though I tried to make a citizen arrest at a future game against them and it dident go down to well with the police.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
It was Millwall fans that stood in the goalmouth against Bournmouth many years ago to help Brighton fans who had been chased out of the north stand so I have a soft spot for them even though I tried to make a citizen arrest at a future game against them and it dident go down to well with the police.

didn't they offer to share their ground after the Goldstone, but met said no

SAC

May 21, 2014
Do I have this right?

A piece of land adjacent to the ground is owned by the council and leased to Millwall. The council want to sell their land to build houses but Millwall are complaining because they have their own plans to build houses there on the council owned land.

I can't see what all the fuss is about.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Do I have this right?

A piece of land adjacent to the ground is owned by the council and leased to Millwall. The council want to sell their land to build houses but Millwall are complaining because they have their own plans to build houses there on the council owned land.

I can't see what all the fuss is about.

If the Lewisham housing proposal contains significant social housing then I would agree with this. Surely the community schemes could be housed within the stadium ? Clearly if it's just being sold for yuppie flats then this argument does not apply.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Millwall and their support is one of the main reasons I love the footy. Watching some Albion bloke in his late forties smack one of their gobbing spastic fans into the middle of next week on cowards way was quality. I nevertheless understood why the OB would cordon home and away fans on the bridge then let you all mingle on the train platform.

Odd. Anyway. Signed.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

How many years ago?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Doesn't look good for them. Sounds like the value of the football club to the community is being overlooked because of the greater financial value of the CPO plans. Unsurprising and disappointing.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Around the time that Bertie Lutton scored in the 1-1 draw at Dean Court. We were in the Brighton beach end.
Ted McDougall and Ian Boyer twin strikers for Bournmouth. Can someone date this game.

So at a guess we are talking 60/70's?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here