Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Millwall FC V Brighton and Hove Albion FC ** OFFICIAL THREAD**

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Didn't really mention his numerous saves that kept us in the game and ultimately won us a point either! What moment of madness anyway? If you mean when he's supposed to have handled outside the box, I'm pretty sure he didn't.

Michel is absolutly adamant he was not out of his area (again i have not had the chance to see a replay though)

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Good second half performance, not so good first half. It's all about how we follow on from this positive second half. NEED a win against Wycombe. DICKER has to start against Wycombe, and would like to see Davies with Dickinson upfront, as I think that could work

Are you insane? Forster is our top scorer and you want to drop him? No way.

I thought defensively in the first half we looked very vulnerable and wide open. Could have easily been 2 down and with just 10 men on the pitch. We got lucky.

In the 2nd half we played some good stuff, neat passing and looked like a team but settled for a draw when they were there for the taking, which was a shame.

Dicker and Crofts now will be the centre midfield pairing but we have problems in wide positions where Bennett and Cox did very little.

Our set pieces were woeful yet again. Russell - extra corner and fee kick practice a must.

But overall, I'm encouarged. Think we'll be alright especially when McNulty returns.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Are you insane? Forster is our top scorer and you want to drop him? No way.

I didn't mean that, it came out wrong. I meant that if Forster comes of, as he wont be able to last 90 minutes. I'd like to see Davies come on, as I think he and Dickinson could work well.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I thought defensively in the first half we looked very vulnerable and wide open. Could have easily been 2 down and with just 10 men on the pitch. We got lucky.

In the 2nd half we played some good stuff, neat passing and looked like a team but settled for a draw when they were there for the taking, which was a shame.

Dicker and Crofts now will be the centre midfield pairing but we have problems in wide positions where Bennett and Cox did very little.

Our set pieces were woeful yet again. Russell - extra corner and fee kick practice a must.

But overall, I'm encouarged. Think we'll be alright especially when McNulty returns.

Pretty much agree with that. Bennet started off OK, but deteriorated alarmingly in the second half. Terrible ball control. Thought it was odd/stupid of Slade to sub Cox for Wright.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm looking at the rules...

There is no offside offence if a player receives the ball directly from:
• a goal kick
• a throw-in
• a corner kick

I knew the throw in part, and the corners I presumed it would be too hard to give since the corner mark is almost level with the by line, but I didn't realise there was no offside from a goal kick.

I also thought the goal keeper was allowed to pick it up from throw ins. Apparently not.

Outside his own penalty area, the goalkeeper has the same restrictions
on handling the ball as does any other player. Inside his own penalty
area, the goalkeeper cannot be guilty of a handling offence incurring a
direct free kick or any misconduct related to handling the ball. He can,
however, be guilty of several handling offences that incur an indirect
free kick.

A goalkeeper is not permitted to keep control of the ball in his hands
for more than six seconds. A goalkeeper is considered to be in control
of the ball:
• while the ball is between his hands or between his hand and any
surface (e.g. ground, own body)
• while holding the ball in his outstretched open hand