Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Millwall away travel advice

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Before the game, yes. Afterwards I walk to New Cross Gate. It's about a 20 minute walk but affords more train options south- and no crowds.

It appeared to work last time. I got straight on to a non-stop service to East Croydon and was back in Brighton in no time.

Alright then, thanks for the advice

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Alright then, thanks for the advice

I've checked Tuesday's times and it means I will be home at 11.32. The South Bermondsey option gets home just before midnight. Not a lot in it. I just don't fancy the crowds, and if you don't make the 22.14 from South Bermondsey, for whatever lack of function, it means getting home even later.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
I've checked Tuesday's times and it means I will be home at 11.32. The South Bermondsey option gets home just before midnight. Not a lot in it. I just don't fancy the crowds, and if you don't make the 22.14 from South Bermondsey, for whatever lack of function, it means getting home even later.

Well thats the plan, have you taken account that we might be penned in the ground after the game for some time like last season?

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I doubt we'll be let out before 22:30 and Millwall, intellects that they are, won't even let us spend our hard earned money lining their pockets after the game is over. Daft really.

Barber out.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Well thats the plan, have you taken account that we might be penned in the ground after the game for some time like last season?

Well that's the point. Apologies for a glaring ommission in the original post.

When I go to Millwall I sit in with the home fans and keep quiet. It means I get in and out without bother.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Will we have to do this ???
o-LONDON-BRIDGE-CHAOS-900.jpg

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
There always seems to be a large element of bellends in our support at Millwall.

One particularly hilarious moment summed this up. After a midweek match a couple of years ago, the Albion Yoof were dishing out plenty of stick along the fenced path to the platform, without realising that we merged with the 'Wall fans on said platform.

The silence when they realised this fact was deafening :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Will we have to do this ???
o-LONDON-BRIDGE-CHAOS-900.jpg

I did that on Tuesday (the on the floor one) to get to the Derby game I kid you not!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Still far better than the old den when if you used the train there was a march to new cross gate station, combined with a much darker atmosphere in the ground.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
In the last 2 seasons (but these were on Saturday afternoons so it might be different for tomorrow) we were kept behind for up to 30 minutes in a pen literally with high gates and barbed wire until the home fans dispersed. You are then led/marched to South Bermondsey station to get the train to London Bridge. So options are fairly limited and likewise on the way down.
Trains from LB to South Bermondsey are , even with LB troubles, regular and its only about 6 or 7 minutes away.
As for getting back south then you'll have to get a train from LB to East Croydon , change , and then south to Haywards Heath, Brighton, Lewes, Eastbourne etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here