Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Million Mask March

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Do the protesters have some very meaningful gripes? Yes. Do they have a right to shout their protest? Yes
Do they have a right to smash up a commercial buildings, spit at policeman, throw rocks and spay paint. And f**k off the travelling public? No.
The 'right' to protest is all well and good. However, on the flip side it is easy for the majority to ignore them. Then violence becomes the political tool as in Ireland. Difficult situation. If the 'majority view' or prevailing powers have their say then look forward to suffering a prison sentence.
Then you think sacrifice gains an awful lot sometimes. Hmmmmm........

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
do you know what they protest for? i've just been to their web page and there isnt a single cause mentioned. its just an excuse for a bit of street anarchy, and as such fair game for a bit of slap from old bill. thats what they are going for, to have a ruck.

Yep, have a look into Anonymous. Have a look at a couple of articles or Wiki pages to see what they protest for and against.

To be completely honest, I agree with about half of what they 'fight' for. The other half about cyber attacks and all that stuff goes over my head entirely.

I'm totally against and violence or damage a few of them cause though. There's no need for it.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It is all a bit studenty - but reportedly so far this has been a peaceful protest.

As long as it remains peaceful, without any violence or criminal damage, they have my support... and they should probably have all of yours too. The rate of growing inequality and the erosion of our civil liberties has got out of hand, it may only be a matter of time before us grown ups need to join them.

can you expand on this huge list of civil liberties you no longer enjoy?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

Rent a f***wit turned up for the march.:dunce:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
It is all a bit studenty - but reportedly so far this has been a peaceful protest.

As long as it remains peaceful, without any violence or criminal damage, they have my support...

It didn't, so will you condemn them now?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
All violence should be condemned - by both police officers and protesters. However I would never judge either group by the actions of the minority, it is unfortunate that so many people do.

This was a largely peaceful protest - yet of course it is quite obvious how the establishment reacts to anti-establishment protests such as this.

There are idiots who get carried away, there are police officers who are baton happy, but generally speaking I think British people can be proud of how our police forces and the thousands of peaceful protesters behaved.

You want to mind that fence sticking out of your axxe.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
do you know what they protest for? i've just been to their web page and there isnt a single cause mentioned. its just an excuse for a bit of street anarchy, and as such fair game for a bit of slap from old bill. thats what they are going for, to have a ruck.

I would suggest that you are known on this board for having a pretty in-depth understanding of many different issues and topics. This suggests that your research skills and media literacy are of a high standard. Even if i don't always agree with what you post no one can accuse you of being uninformed.

Taking this into consideration I would suggest that if you can't find out what Anonymous stand for and what the Million Mask march is all about then you are trying very hard not to find out.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
This bunch of cretins think that they have invented anarchy, but it's been going on for years

Hyde_Park_Demonstration_1866.jpg

Hyde Park 1866

At least they had the balls, then, not to hide behind pathetic plastic masks, faces in full view of the police artists.

:lolol: My sides!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The Metropolitan Police said that three men were arrested this afternoon after officers on patrol in Trafalgar Square saw them acting suspiciously. They found the men carrying items including knives, smoke and paint grenades, gas canisters and lock picks. The three men, aged 38, 55 and 50, were arrested on suspicion of being in possession of offensive weapons and are being held in custody at a central London police station.

well there you go .....white men being arrested for acting suspiciously....did this include wearing a mask and sorting out the swag on the pavement...?? were these men merely arrested for wearing masks that hid their identity and therefore make them one of a conglomerate or mass or were they acting like you do when you wear a mask for **** sake.......if we are getting arrested for wearing masks then it's game over innit...!!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I would suggest that you are known on this board for having a pretty in-depth understanding of many different issues and topics. This suggests that your research skills and media literacy are of a high standard. Even if i don't always agree with what you post no one can accuse you of being uninformed.

Taking this into consideration I would suggest that if you can't find out what Anonymous stand for and what the Million Mask march is all about then you are trying very hard not to find out.

i would suggest that it is in reply to the million man marches that have been held by our muslim brothers , also perhaps the masks are a grounding to the fact the march is related to "charlie".......unfortunately there weren't a milllion of them and unfortunately again they didn't keep the demonstration peaceful and therefore lost any dignity it may have had.......never mind eh...???

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
All violence should be condemned - by both police officers and protesters. However I would never judge either group by the actions of the minority, it is unfortunate that so many people do.

This was a largely peaceful protest - yet of course it is quite obvious how the establishment reacts to anti-establishment protests such as this.

There are idiots who get carried away, there are police officers who are baton happy, but generally speaking I think British people can be proud of how our police forces and the thousands of peaceful protesters behaved.
OP stated that they were POSH yobs...looking at it they were mostly anarchist and troublemakers on a "Let's go and have some fun by smashing things up " which of course, cost individuals and tax payers and the country money...yes there is a place for peaceful protest and demostrations but these people cannot just help themselves. Compare that to the diginity and respect shown by the Royal Marines at the protest of Marine "A" sentence...not a single bit of violence or an arrest Stand Tall Royals,respect to you. Maybe some of the arrested yobs at the Mask march could do with a service of discipline.
Just how would you pro mask supporters feel if it was your car set on fire or a member of your family injured ?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
i would suggest that it is in reply to the million man marches that have been held by our muslim brothers , also perhaps the masks are a grounding to the fact the march is related to "charlie".......unfortunately there weren't a milllion of them and unfortunately again they didn't keep the demonstration peaceful and therefore lost any dignity it may have had.......never mind eh...???

Probably one of the most inaccurate attempts at guesswork this board has ever seen. Wholly incorrect form beginning to end.

Castello

Castello
May 28, 2009
Tottenham

to save yourself looking anymore ignorant of what youre talking about, I suggest you watch the film V for Vendetta to get an idea of where the inspiration comes from.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here