Million March for Kashmir on Sunday in london

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
It was more complex than that in WW2.......

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azad_Hind

http://www.feldgrau.com/azadhind.html

By the way who do you think India venerate today, those who fought with the British or those allied to the Nazis?

Yes, your right, it's always more complex than that, in all aspects of international relationships.

Your question has a complexity to it as well. What do you mean by India; the formal Indian government's stance or the Indian people? The veneration of what aspects of those nations who fought for and against us; the financial powerhouse of Germany or struggling Italy or neither-one-thing-or-the-other Japan? the socially divided US or relatively egalitarian and apparently harmonious Canada or the melting pot of the UK?

I have no glib response and I'm sure if you qualified your question my response would not be an answer but an equally qualified opinion!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I wonder if the Pakistanis would welcome a western led march against terrorism in Islamabad?

I wouldnt know, but somebody was asking why protest to British government, im guessing because they are both members of the commonwealth...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I wouldnt know, but somebody was asking why protest to British government, im guessing because they are both members of the commonwealth...

So shouldn't they be discussing matters at government level rather than calling for a protest march in London-knowing that it has the potential to turn nasty?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
So shouldn't they be discussing matters at government level rather than calling for a protest march in London-knowing that it has the potential to turn nasty?

Im sure they have over the years... wouldnt you think? These sort of events tend to be born out of frustration i would have thought.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I was chatting to a couple of Indian guys at work over Kashmir and they were saying at least they are marching etc at the moment...there are some in India who believe the only way out of all of this is to chuck nuclear weapons at the Pakistanis....this is a really scary time in that part of the world

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So clearly anyone thinking of taking the kids for day out in Central London on Sunday during half-term might have to think again.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
This could be rather fiesty.

The Pakistan state have asked for a million Pakistanis to march from Trafalgar square to Downing street to demonstrate against " Indian state sponsored terrorism in Kashmir"

So that isn't going to end up in a punch up then!

Put a cricket match on Pakistan v India on Broadmoor Common, might dissuade a few from turning up, plus there is a hospital nearby for any casualties.
Better still have the march in the country which is involved.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
For once I agree with you. Especially after the way Pakistanis have behaved in this country over the last 5 years, they wanna keep their bloody nuts down.

Wow

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
This country is f****d. Being part of the the EU has been a bloody disaster of immense proportions

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports