Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Miller Bolanos

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He's not coming, we don't want him

I wasn't convinced he was a Championship player in his vids all though he does look exceptionally talented and will be suited to many other top leagues around the world. Calleri seemed a lot better fit. Hopefully our 'real' target will be netted soon.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well, we're into definitions then, because my understanding was the new fella was a goal scorer, which I guess technically he is.

Kaz I posted three weeks ago now, suggesting there may have been a problem with the diagnosis and prognosis. At that time people expected him back within the week, but that was three weeks ago. Yes, I hear the official line now, and if Kaz does make a reappearance in a league match before 1st March you can then post on here as you do to hang me out to dry again for being wrong. But you wont catch me on here claiming glory for being right when I am right, because that's just not the point of this forum, is it, unless I'm mistaken?!

I certainly don't hang anyone out to dry - but if I see a lot of people constantly asking a poster for info when I don't see a great track record I'm allowed to comment..? You did say 'striker' and you said '24hours' and a midfielder signed 3 or 4 days later - not exactly accurate - I assumed you were still predicting this striker to sign so that's disappointing.

LuaLua you posted 5 or 6 days ago '8 weeks yet, keeping it schtum, or trying to.' - the club are saying he should play tomo so don't know if that's the same source as usual but looks spectacularly wrong - again, surely the point of NSC is that I can point this out especially when I see posters talking about your info as very good etc?

Anyway as I said I'm not trying to nitpic and am happy to read any rumours etc & will refrain from commenting on your bits - right or wrong. I did PM you after the Zamora thread when you called me a dick or whatever and said sorry no offence was meant but you didn't reply! Happy to draw a line under it, I have no problem with you posting what you hear and hope we can forget this... :thumbsup:

DavePage

attachment.php

Attachments

• CYOdbbQWYAE0H07.jpg
    CYOdbbQWYAE0H07.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 2,083

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I wasn't convinced he was a Championship player in his vids all though he does look exceptionally talented and will be suited to many other top leagues around the world. Calleri seemed a lot better fit. Hopefully our 'real' target will be netted soon.

I thought completely the opposite! Thought Calleri would struggle without the space and time afforded by poor defences whereas Bolanos would have enough skill to buy himself that half a yard to be effective where most seem to fail. Unfortunately we won't get to see either but it's interesting how people can view players in very different ways. :thumbsup:

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I certainly don't hang anyone out to dry - but if I see a lot of people constantly asking a poster for info when I don't see a great track record I'm allowed to comment..? You did say 'striker' and you said '24hours' and a midfielder signed 3 or 4 days later - not exactly accurate - I assumed you were still predicting this striker to sign so that's disappointing.

LuaLua you posted 5 or 6 days ago '8 weeks yet, keeping it schtum, or trying to.' - the club are saying he should play tomo so don't know if that's the same source as usual but looks spectacularly wrong - again, surely the point of NSC is that I can point this out especially when I see posters talking about your info as very good etc?

Anyway as I said I'm not trying to nitpic and am happy to read any rumours etc & will refrain from commenting on your bits - right or wrong. I did PM you after the Zamora thread when you called me a dick or whatever and said sorry no offence was meant but you didn't reply! Happy to draw a line under it, I have no problem with you posting what you hear and hope we can forget this... :thumbsup:

Look, I can't be bothered with this, I really can't, but for the record, when I first posted Kaz being out until St David's day I used the words "ten weeks" as it was exactly ten weeks to 1st March. It's now just over 7 weeks. I make that 3 weeks ago. I really can't be bothered to trawl back through reams and reams of threads like you obviously do. Can I suggest you just read what's on here, accept or reject things at face value, and don't expect evrything to turn out like empirical fact because that is actually called "history".

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
one excellent signing this week plus solid Ridgewell and potential of Towell. Hoping we get a proven striker.

Exactly. People are getting excited because this and the Calleri thread have been running on for ever without any actual proven information. Meanwhile we are going through a (very) bad patch where we cannot seem to score.

However, if you took the squad we had at the start of the season and said we would add James Wilson, Liam Ridgewell and a goal scoring midfielder, plus Knockaert (but have to lose March to injury) people would have been lapping it up. We've already done that.

We really need a proven striker as, for me, Hemed has gone off the boil. However, it's not going to be Bolanos. Move on.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Exactly. People are getting excited because this and the Calleri thread have been running on for ever without any actual proven information. Meanwhile we are going through a (very) bad patch where we cannot seem to score.

However, if you took the squad we had at the start of the season and said we would add James Wilson, Liam Ridgewell and a goal scoring midfielder, plus Knockaert (but have to lose March to injury) people would have been lapping it up. We've already done that.

We really need a proven striker as, for me, Hemed has gone off the boil. However, it's not going to be Bolanos. Move on.

Exactly, interesting point by CH about Hemed missing the partnership with Baldock! Agreed a striker would be very much welcomed, however as we sit today I feel we do have enough bodies to definitely compete for top two.

Let's hope for a striker all the same.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
We already have four forwards for two positions with Hemed, Zamora, Baldock ( now fit) and Wilson. Plus Knockaert can play in the Baldock/ Wilson position if necessary. How many do we need?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We already have four forwards for two positions with Hemed, Zamora, Baldock ( now fit) and Wilson. Plus Knockaert can play in the Baldock/ Wilson position if necessary. How many do we need?
Just 1 more.

Reckon we could do with another winger as well given March is out all season and Elvis is so disappointing.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Look, I can't be bothered with this, I really can't, but for the record, when I first posted Kaz being out until St David's day I used the words "ten weeks" as it was exactly ten weeks to 1st March. It's now just over 7 weeks. I make that 3 weeks ago. I really can't be bothered to trawl back through reams and reams of threads like you obviously do. Can I suggest you just read what's on here, accept or reject things at face value, and don't expect evrything to turn out like empirical fact because that is actually called "history".

I just said happy to leave it there - wasn't trawling threads just happened to notice those posts :thumbsup:

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014

Nothing wrong with any of those strikers but none of those are going to score 20+ goals a season. Watford had 2 last season (as did Blackburn) and though our defence may be one of the best in the league but it's ultimately goals that win you matches.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I just said happy to leave it there - wasn't trawling threads just happened to notice those posts :thumbsup:

You're not wrong though, he said Kaz was 8 weeks away on January 2nd, I know because it was my birthday and thought "Aw shit, one of my favourite players out for another 8 weeks".

Fairly bored of the ITKers tbh, they're all the same.

- They say they've heard a signing is imminent.
1. The signing happens, they take credit.
2. The signing doesn't happen at all - they say it was circumstances they can't talk about as to why it fell through so they can keep their source.
3. The signing does happen, but weeks or months later - This is of course the signing they were talking about all along, take credit.

Not one person mentioned Knockaert, or Ridgewell before the MLS and the media did I believe, I still like the rumours btw, so don't think I'm saying it's all shite, I just think the ITK behaviour is toxic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here