Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Miller Bolanos

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What about as a short term fix Anthony Stokes at Celtic told he doesnt figure in managers plans has scored about 1 in every 2.5 games since joining Celtic, only 27 years old. Then sign somebody else permenant in January if he doesnt hit it off but would cover Baldock being out.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I feel another 100 pages coming along

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
What about as a short term fix Anthony Stokes at Celtic told he doesnt figure in managers plans has scored about 1 in every 2.5 games since joining Celtic, only 27 years old. Then sign somebody else permenant in January if he doesnt hit it off but would cover Baldock being out.

I don't think the emergency loan rules allow for signing players from outside of the English League system.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not sure about the loan rules, although there has been many posts about them. They didnt have loans in my younger days you took your chance and bought the player the only deadline being in March.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I feel another 100 pages coming along
Maybe not.
It's hard not to feel that a deal is being thrashed out somewhere for someone to arrive on New Years Day.

I think (ok ok hope) a big deal will be 'pre announced' (whatever that means) in a month's time, in readiness for 't's dotted and 'I's crossed asap in the new year.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Not sure about the loan rules, although there has been many posts about them. They didnt have loans in my younger days you took your chance and bought the player the only deadline being in March.

Rules from the FL website -

53.3.1 Notwithstanding the definition of Parent Club, Emergency and Youth Loans may only be concluded with clubs affiliated (directly or through County Football Associations) to the Football Association unless any club not so affiliated plays in any of the competitions set out in Regulation 53.2.1.

53.2.1 Standard Loans shall be allowed to or from Clubs (or, as applicable, clubs) in membership of The Football League, The Premier League, The Football Conference, Northern Premier League, Isthmian League and Southern League providing the rules and regulations of the respective leagues so allow.

That would imply that a club has to be affiliated to the FA and if they aren't they need to play in one of the leagues mentioned in 53.2.1 for an emergency loan to happen.

There is a separate set of rules for international loans.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot get enthusiastic about this possible signing because
(a) Publicity is not the way we operate
(b) PB would sort out the mole who divulged the document.

I think like Calleri it is a red herring to keep people away from our real target.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

I think like Calleri it is a red herring to keep people away from our real target.

I can assure you Bolanos is/was a real target.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
(b) PB would sort out the mole who divulged the document if it was authentic.

I think, like Calleri, it is a red herring to keep people away from our real target.

Tinker, Tailer, Soldier, Director of Football.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

I very much doubt Paul Barber would have the power to deal with the mole who leaked the document as I doubt the leak has come from.within the club. Therefore the club haven't made anything public

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

PB can only deal with Albion moles......would hazard a guess this has leaked from the other side.......as someone said earlier, probably the agent trying to start a bidding war

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Must be from the other side and if it is the agent it doesnt look like he wants him to come to us if he is trying to start an auction. If it was a BHA mole his stay will be shortlived, I would think.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Like Kayal, bound to come from that lot totally unfit and out of condition. Will take three months to get fit and match tuned by which time we may as well not have bothered.
The Peruvian lad looks a better proposition.

TNBA

TTF

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Bizarre. The agent appears to have a safe €1 million for their fee yet still makes the deal public. Surely part of their fee relates to confidentiality? Most of the time clubs want the fee to be undisclosed. I think the whole world knows we've got € 10 mill burning a hole in our pocket.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think you're all getting carried away. It seems the transfer agreement isn't with us.

10m Euros.

"We are glad to issue mandate to you, date november 12, 2015 and valid for 60 days from this day to negotiate our player Miller Alejandro Bolaños Reasco for possible trasfer to United Kingdom to the Brigthon and Have Albion Football Club".

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think you're all getting carried away. It seems the transfer agreement isn't with us.

But are we still still Brighton & Have-not Albion?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here