Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] mike dean

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
I watched the overlap on tour episode 1 (Neville, Carragher and Keane) earlier today and he was helping them be refs/linos and I immediately disliked him, probably because of Gaston’s leg hole BUT I did warm to him. I can see why players think he’s up himself but he actually is quite a funny bloke.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I watched the overlap on tour episode 1 (Neville, Carragher and Keane) earlier today and he was helping them be refs/linos and I immediately disliked him, probably because of Gaston’s leg hole BUT I did warm to him. I can see why players think he’s up himself but he actually is quite a funny bloke.
Have to say I’ve grown to really like him as well after seeing him in a couple of non-BHA-reffing scenarios. Him going mental celebrating a Tranmere win in the playoffs made him realise he’s just one of us.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
- he looks ancient and is a poor ref, time to retire him.

- death threats are both pathetic and should be punished (erm, anyone remember the Albion fan punished?)

- who, seriously, would want to be a ref nowadays,? So sad and however bad they are they need respect (from the players for a start) and protection.

- interesting to watch the superbowl - no disrespecting the ref there, all miked up and explaining decisions. Why is football the only sport so far away from this?
Probably because players would have to learn lots of new words. Their current vocabulary is pretty much entirely made up of expletives.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Have to say I’ve grown to really like him as well after seeing him in a couple of non-BHA-reffing scenarios. Him going mental celebrating a Tranmere win in the playoffs made him realise he’s just one of us.
Agree, a real football fan, I am over Boro and warmed to him in his last couple of seasons. His making shite decisions was not biased towards the big six either!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't care if he's a good guy or a passionate fan, he was never fit to referee at the top level.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I honestly think it’s time that social media accounts, including forums like this, were no longer anonymous. Yes, let’s stick with whacky usernames but every account should be initially verified via (I dunno, I’m not an expert) a credit card or passport, or some other ID source. I’d have no problem with this and it would surely deter the 15-y-o wankers and other back-bedroom trolls from this sort of Dean stuff, and the post-Euro20 racist shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here