Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mike Dean performance

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
For Andone's penalty shout Huddersfield got the ball but appeared to go through the player to get it. Probably would have been a foul somewhere else on the pitch. Bernardo was right in line with us and was fouled at least twice. Murray was a lucky boy. Mike Dean was predictably shit.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I thought he was poor: On several occasions got it wrong, the 2 pens were also clear to see. Bernardo was fouled 3 times for the second one. He scares me everytime he refs, you know he can and does change matches with his poor decision making and need to be the centre of attention. I think he can be put forward as an example as to how much we need VAR

Yes, could not agree more. To me, it seems that this season it has been a recurring theme that the lino should have seen it, and thus been of help. I can't help feeling that the lino of old used to spot things and flag up to the ref, but this season this seems hardly to have happened, even though you would have thought that that they were ideally placed to have spotted the infringement. The blatant pull-back missed by Deane, or considered not severe enough to have been a foul, was barely 10 metres from the lino who had an excellent view.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
So glad my prediction of the shyster totally influencing our result today didn't come true. The man is really not a good official though.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
he obviously forgot to put his contacts in , overall not totally cr@p but 3 glaring mistakes with 2 penalties not given and a dubious yellow card for Murray for doing what comes natural in having his arm up for leverage when jumping , he didn't elbow his opponent was just a coming together.

Wow....he led with his elbow right in front of a ref prone to give cards.

How the linesman missed the penalty on andone was unbelievable.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Generally, for his ability, which at best is totally shocking, wasn't bad for him. Only missed two pens, didn't book their guy for a rash 1st half challenge, and booked Andone for scoring (WTF?). 3/10, a top score for this particular idiot.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I didnt see anything that constituted a penalty but then the north goal is some way from where I sit so not the best position to make a decision or have an opinion.

You didn’t have to be close!!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I thought that he had a decent game with no contentious issues or decisions and allowed the game to flow without being conned for free kicks by players claiming a foul.

I think when you’ve had chance to see the Andone incident again you may have a change of heart.

One of the most obvious ones I’ve seen this season....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Even Hudd fans think they were pens.

45934504-7E18-4E02-8BDE-3811C4D0C8F0.png

Thank god Andone covered for Dean’s incompetence.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think when you’ve had chance to see the Andone incident again you may have a change of heart.

One of the most obvious ones I’ve seen this season....

I wouldn't have said 100% obvious to a ref, and we are talking Dean here, some may have given it just outside the box when first contact was made.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I wouldn't have said 100% obvious to a ref, and we are talking Dean here, some may have given it just outside the box when first contact was made.

Have you seen a replay?
The Bernardo one I kind of get, as the majority of contact was outside, but the Andone one was embarrassing IMO, the Lino should have helped him....

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Have you seen a replay?
The Bernardo one I kind of get, as the majority of contact was outside, but the Andone one was embarrassing IMO, the Lino should have helped him....

Saw it as it happened with consequent replays yes, I would give it stonewall, but I can see the majority of crap refs in the Prem giving it for initial contact on the edge, and one that won't give it at all.

Have you got the challenges the wrong way around? Bernardo was totally in the box from start to finish.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Have you seen a replay?

He didn’t give a free-kick for that initial contact outside the area though did he?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Saw it as it happened with consequent replays yes, I would give it stonewall, but I can see the majority of crap refs in the Prem giving it for initial contact on the edge, and one that won't give it at all.

Have you got the challenges the wrong way around? Bernardo was totally in the box from start to finish.

No, Bernado’s started two yards outside and continued inside.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He didn’t give a free-kick for that initial contact outside the area though did he?

Didn’t give anything. Both pens for me, but I understand the Bernardo one more, as it didn’t appear as blatant - though still a foul.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here