Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Migration to Xenforo

gmabel830

Aug 12, 2017
It works fine for me on Tapatalk.

I for one will miss it (probably).

This new thing had better be good!

I've had another message board I use frequently go through a similar migration and end the need for Tapatalk (not sure if it was the same underlying tech platform). It does take a little bit of time to get used to it, but you do get used to it. It basically looks/works the same on a mobile device as on a computer and you access via your browser vs Tapatalk.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Please let this migration sort out NSC. I seem to have to log off and log on again for every page as it's now so slow to load.

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
I actually liked having a separate app for NSC rather than it just being in a browser tab. However, I’m sure I will adjust, there will just be a period of me muttering and cursing under my breath.

Edit: for those on iOS who also prefer an app, there appears to be the ostentatiously named “Fig for Discourse” that will allow us to access Xenforo forums via their app. We may have to manually add a “Sent by Fig for Discourse from my iPhone” footer however.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Will there be an embed tweet function for those too stooooopid to post them manually?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
This past week I've found I've had to log in every time I access the site. Before then it always remembered my details. Any connection, or is it I sometimes log in with a UK IP address via a VPN?

If you live in Spain and chose UK IP you get what you deserve...Whoops sorry wrong thread.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
If it aint broke why fix it?

It's vbulletin 4. Look it up in the dictionary and it's defined as "broken".

More seriously: its massively obsolete, completely unsupported by vB and therefore falling a long way behind in being able to properly meet new regulatory requirements such as GDPR and the forthcoming Online Safety Bill.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Now the albion have a new King and the country has a new King, how is the rebirth of NSC going ?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Imminent? :eek:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Clearly a mistake not doing it in the last week or two with nowt much going on, but imagine the opportunity is gone now as we don't want any disruption during the thrilling Nations League weeks.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
This is fantastic news!

Xenforo is incredible forum software.

Will be easier to post gifs, images, embedded videos and the like, avatars will look better, an easy to create even more cooler smilies, easier and funner to react to someone's post(Can give them a like, a laugh, etc), will run faster, etc.

Everyone will enjoy it I think.

Out of interest what is the search functionality like?

vBulletin search is about as much use as a kick in the balls and more painful.

If it's still not great will pre-xenforo indexed threads redirect from Google?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Out of interest what is the search functionality like?

vBulletin search is about as much use as a kick in the balls and more painful.

If it's still not great will pre-xenforo indexed threads redirect from Google?

The search function is better, although I don't know if indexing will take a while to get it going.

All links from Google will be maintained, so search results from there will take you to the right place on the new software.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Just been reading up on comparisons with XF (mobile version) vs Tapatalk and it’s an extremely beneficial and popular move.

Can’t wait for the handover as TT isn’t great for notifications and mentions or polls!

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
I know have said this before in this thread, but everyone will absolutely love Xenforo when this move happens I promise you. May take some a little bit of getting used to, but once you do you will be amazed at the difference from the easier way to read notifications and plenty of other things.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
i know have said this before in this thread, but everyone will absolutely love xenforo when this move happens i promise you. May take some a little bit of getting used to, but once you do you will be amazed at the difference from the easier way to read notifications and plenty of other things.

whisky

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here