Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Midfield MAYHEM

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I'll worry about this on Sept 1st. Then I will panic if we haven't signed at least 2 midfielders/ one who can play on the wing as well.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I agree the number of midfielders currently remaining looks a bit thin to sustain what we will need over the course of hard season, especially when we get the inevitable injuries and suspensions.

An obvious quick fix would be a cheap deal for Hammond plus Agustein, if that's still an option. Or maybe OG has other ideas up his sleeve? We do seem to be biding our time and OG hasn't really put his stamp on the squad yet. TBF he has given various DS players a chance before he shops elsewhere, which is probably an indicator of how life will be under FFP.

I'm sure part of the dilemma is using our precious funds even more carefully but with Harley, Vicente, Lopez, Hammond, Bridge, Dobbie and Dicker all gone you would hope that might free up some money for a deal or two?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
This will be crofty's year. A better player than Hammond. I still think there's an outside chance benno could be back too. The signings Norwich are making I think he'll struggle there this year.

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
I hope so because that wasnt the case last year in fact he has been crap since coming back to us.

Wasn't given a chance and played in a role that was too deep for him. Let crofts charge up and down the pitch. I think we could play more of a pressing game when we don't have the ball, and in crofts we have the perfect player to do so

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Didn't Crofts have a lengthy injury for a good part of last season and only broke back into the first team towards the end when he started to show signs of form. We need his bite in midfield.

The other thing about our remaining CMs is their lack of height - we could do with a bit more physical presence.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'd be happy with 3 midfielders ( + a striker given Hoskins' setback and a left back ), but maybe the budget isn't there for that and we'll just get 2 ???

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
What are you talking about? Have you ever seen us play at The Amex as we play with very attack minded full backs rather than standard defensive ones so effectively wing backs, and I cant see that changing under Garcia.

You do realise we have a different manager, and different managers play different formations?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Only the rubbish players with no other options grab deals in the first few days. This next 9 and a half days we will sign two players. 2 more near deadline day.

Only need 2 midfielders a DM/CM plus an AM who can float about a bit.

Plus a Left Back of course ideally

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
You need to save money before you can spend it, now the deadwood is gone - we have more money to use so I'd say from now onwards you can expect signings.

Its good business to clear out before you sign players......providing your bloody sure you will sign them.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Out:

Harley
Dicker
Vicente
Dobbie
Spanish Dave
Hammond

Left:

Crofts
Bridcutt
Orlandi
LuaLua
Buckley
JFC/March (maybe)

We play a FIVE man midfield, including wingers. Ideally you want TWO players for every position. We need to sign a CRAPLOAD of midfielders.

Nice chunk of wages freed up I would imagine. I'd swap all those released for 2 quality replacements, maybe 3 at a push.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Only the rubbish players with no other options grab deals in the first few days. This next 9 and a half days we will sign two players. 2 more near deadline day.

Only need 2 midfielders a DM/CM plus an AM who can float about a bit.

Plus a Left Back of course ideally

I don't think OG will rush into that one before the start of the season. I think we'll go with what we've got in that department. Don't forget the window is open for a while yet!

But then again we'll probably sign one tomorrow now ???

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
[/B]

I don't think OG will rush into that one before the start of the season.

I can't see him rushing into any signings, He's made it known he's looking for quality not quantity so taking his time and getting it right is important.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
2 high quality midfielder signings should do it. KA and SD?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here