Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Midfield Headache??

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Who will Gus drop for Harley when he arrives?

I would of said Dicker but i thought he was outstanding today, good vision and looked a class act on the ball.

Also surely at home we should start with two wingers....Noone and Lua Lua on each side would give visiting full backs big problems.

Vincelot also seems class... he instantly controlled a ball that fell from the sky with snow on it today!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I think Dicker will be the one to lose out. Sparrow will be on standby to cover for injuries, so he will drop out of the match day squad with Dicker on the bench. That's how I see Gus playing this one.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
He's a direct replacement for Sparrow in my opinion and will play behind the top two. I hope he can tackle because our side is looking a bit short of bite.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
If he thinks he can just walk into the team, he might be in for a bit of a shock

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Spaz and Dixie will be fighting for the place on the bench.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I think it'll depend on how we line up. If we go for two wingers, it makes sense for Harley and Bridcutt to form a diamond with the wingers, with the others losing out. If we play as we often do, with one winger, I imagine it will be Harley and Bridcutt in the centre with one of Sparrow, Dicker and Vincelot, rotated depending on their performances, injuries etc.

Gus does seem to be quite good at rotating players and keeping them all happy, whilst getting the most out of them as they compete for a starting place. Just as with the others, I expect Harley will have to work hard to get the place in the team as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here