Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Midfield General

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
Scanning the threads post Virgo, there doesn't seem to be much talk of the need for a midfield maestro.

Personally I think we need someone in the middle of the park who can put their foot on the ball and knock it around a bit. I'm really not sure that Chippy, Oatway or Hammond are good enough for this standard.

We are crying out for someone who can thread balls through for Leon, CKR or Jake ...

Non?

Stumpy Tim

I'm more confident about Hammond than Oatway & Chippy now. Oatway & Chippy are great servants, but aren't getting any younger. I think we could end this season with Nicholas & Hammond our first choice pairing (assuming they're not sold of course!).

I agree though, we do need a central midfielder who can tackle hard but who has a little creativity in him as well

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
Don't worry, they seem to have it all in hand.

fatboy_slim.jpg

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
Exactly what we need. A big fat DJ to sit in the middle of the pitch, take e's and reminisce about how good the Zap was in 91 ...

:D

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Paul Reid can thread balls through.
He did it at Bramall Lane and again on Sunday at Lewes.
Maybe if we can get the defence sorted out Reid can go back into midfield.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Stumpy Tim said:
I'm more confident about Hammond than Oatway & Chippy now. Oatway & Chippy are great servants, but aren't getting any younger. I think we could end this season with Nicholas & Hammond our first choice pairing (assuming they're not sold of course!).

I agree though, we do need a central midfielder who can tackle hard but who has a little creativity in him as well

Nicolas

ManOnTheRun said:
Exactly what we need. A big fat DJ to sit in the middle of the pitch, take e's and reminisce about how good the Zap was in 91 ...

:D

the zap was great in 91!

i still think the Reid is the man for the midfield, look at his ball for MM against Lewis and for Leon against Shef Utd

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Yorkie said:
Paul Reid can thread balls through.
He did it at Bramall Lane and again on Sunday at Lewes.
Maybe if we can get the defence sorted out Reid can go back into midfield.

yes ..Reid should play in midfield

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Very harsh on Chippy, Hammond and Nicholas i reckon.

Those 3 should be battling it out for a place this season and im perfectly happy with that.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
KinkyGoebels said:

I liked what I saw of Nicholas as a battler but he never struck me as being particularly creative, maybe I missed those games

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
nicolas is by far the best passer of the ball and the most safe player in the team.

now hopefully during pre season we have encouraged him to perhaps play it forward a bit more and shoot if the opportunity comes.

hammopnd proved(burnley etc) that he can move forward and score goals so theres no need to worry about a supporting am player.

but i agree neither has that creative through-ball in them. but i reckon either could develop into a player with that ability. especially alexis

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here