Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Middlesex v Sussex T20 Lords 18.15 Tonight

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Enjoyed that last over but hated Lords. Was the cricket equivalent of a trip to watch Man U. Full of tourists and folks on corporate jollies. People on my row turned up during Sussex's ,7th over. Then went to the bar at the interval and came back at Middlesex's 8th over. The few overs they were in their seats they were all just chatting with each other. Seemed like a trip to an expensive pub where they had to pay £25 to get in for them!

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Great night at Lords. Have loved Sussex CCC for 40+ years and no reason to stop now.

Brilliant performances from Salt, Rawlins and Archer. Apologies if I've missed someone but I am very, very drunk...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Jul 7, 2003
I was at the game last night and thought we looked around 20 runs short. Then I read the reports on BBC and Cricinfo and they say that we set a challenging score. Watching Archer side on from the Grandstand you get to appreciate the pace he has. Burgess was standing about 20 yards back and it didn’t look enough at times.

Much as I love Lords, we were sat right next to the Plum Club seating in the middle of the lower Grandstand. Don’t ever sit there unless you want be surrounded by city tw@ts who have no interest in the game but spend all night drinking and talkin loudly with their mates.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Much as I love Lords, we were sat right next to the Plum Club seating in the middle of the lower Grandstand. Don’t ever sit there unless you want be surrounded by city tw@ts who have no interest in the game but spend all night drinking and talkin loudly with their mates.

That seemed to be the vast majority of the crowd no matter where you sat unfortunately.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I was at the game last night and thought we looked around 20 runs short. Then I read the reports on BBC and Cricinfo and they say that we set a challenging score. Watching Archer side on from the Grandstand you get to appreciate the pace he has. Burgess was standing about 20 yards back and it didn’t look enough at times.

At the game last night and also felt we were 20 runs short (at least) given the start we got. if Salt hadn't got out immediately after reaching 50 we would have gone past 200.
Although Archer get all the praise for the last over hat trick, I think that Jordan's over (the 19th) really put the pressure on Morgan in the last over. Given that Jordan had been hit for 18 by Morgan in an earlier over and only 24 needed from the last 2 I was a little nervous, until Jordan only concede 8, and then of course the fireworks from Archer

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Enjoyed that last over but hated Lords. Was the cricket equivalent of a trip to watch Man U. Full of tourists and folks on corporate jollies. People on my row turned up during Sussex's ,7th over. Then went to the bar at the interval and came back at Middlesex's 8th over. The few overs they were in their seats they were all just chatting with each other. Seemed like a trip to an expensive pub where they had to pay £25 to get in for them!

Almost always the case at Lords T20s. Mostly people from the City coming in after work for a pint and a chat and not really interested in the cricket at all, or those being entertained by corporate contacts. The cricket is just an excuse, and it's a very cheap way of doing a bit of corporate entertainment

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here