Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Middlesbrough seating/standing

Jul 7, 2003
I asked what time the stadium opened in order to get to my seat as neither I nor my brother in law can stand for 2 + hours. They said getting to my seat at any time pre kick off was not a problem etc. As far as warning them goes I am sure their intelligence about away fans would have told them more than any e mail could.

I have every sympathy with those who want a seat for specific reasons (age, health, great view, whatever) but we all know that it isn't always possible depending on how the ground fills up, how it is stewarded and the attitude of your fellow fans.

Without reopening the whole allocated seat argument in full, the basic rule is that if you want to be guaranteed your allocated seat, then you get in the ground as close to opening as you can and it won't be a problem. If you turn up 30 minutes before or less then you just have to take your chances.

Of course, whether everyone in front of you will stand for 90 minutes is another matter altogether. With Boro being a newish ground, at least the legroom allows people to sit. Places like Charlton make it virtually impossible for any non-oompah loompah's to sit down!

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Hey BG. You never did explain what method you used to convince the ticket office to sell you boro tickets over the phone 5 hours before they were available by phone and without the required loyalty points

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hey BG. You never did explain what method you used to convince the ticket office to sell you boro tickets over the phone 5 hours before they were available by phone and without the required loyalty points

If you've ever been involved in any kind of service industry, you sometimes get customers who you just want to to.........go away.....and the quickest way of doing that is by giving what they want, even if it mans bending the rules a bit. Path of least resistance and all that. I think this is one of those customers.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just phoned gave my name and fan number for both of us and asked when I could buy 2 tickets and they said you are eligible now if you want so I paid for them. Perhaps Dazzer 6666 is right.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Just phoned gave my name and fan number for both of us and asked when I could buy 2 tickets and they said you are eligible now if you want so I paid for them. Perhaps Dazzer 6666 is right.

All well and good but perhaps at the expense of someone who played by the rules that had been laid out quite clearly.

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
wassat - hiccup.

Boro5707

Dec 21, 2015
Yeah of course they are.
If 2k fans decide they're not gonna sit, there isn't a great deal the stewards can do,

The stewards may well check your tickets as you walk up the steps to the blocks (as they do in certain blocks for the home fans). If you ticket is for block 46 and your entering entrance to block 47, the stewards will send you back to the concorse to enter in entrance 46. They won't stop people standing together unless your in different blocks and then they may well.

el punal

Charlton away end was fully sold out. Being as in most places people actually stoof up in the half way up the stand bit and around us we had around 4-5 people sharing 2 seats id say not many were in there actual seat.... And all was fine in the world

I stoof up for the whole game, I jimped up and down when we scored and then I fill over. :cheers:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why not contact boro and ask them to be seated in the disabled area ? maybe they could help

I cannot stand for the whole game, but when I get to any away ground, I ask a steward if I can move to a front row. It's never failed.

Edit to correct autocorrect

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here