Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Middlesbrough fan who tore up Koran banned from every ground

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Is this anything to do with the Koran? Or is it to do with the fact that she was in contravention of an existing banning order when she turned up and committed an act of disorder?
No, she was banned from the Riverside, but this was an away game.

Nadger

Sep 4, 2003
Brighton
Complete moron I agree but you've got to ask yourself what a bedwetting society we've become. Fan rips up fictional book = ban for life. Would the same happen for a copy of the Hobbit?

Ferring Marine

Mar 28, 2014
How bizarre - if he's a foreigner or rag head, he must be deported, only after being quarterised and ejaculated -if otherwise, forced to watch the next home match on Boxing Day- IN THE DUGOUT with Sami.
Personally, I'd opt for the former.
Either way, he must pay the costs.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
No. You're just like most Muslims that I know.

Really ? Maybe its about time they made a public stand against this sort of thing then , they don't seem to mind mustering thousands for protests over some poxy cartoons or any of the other fvcking times the perpetually outraged and angry 'muslim community' doesn't like something.

Ferring Marine

Mar 28, 2014
Hey, let's rip up bibles , shout Hippia out and chant extracts from the koram whilst we grope muslim women in party masks, sing the peter ward song and chant for Gordon Strachan as our new manager - for sake he's seen a few of our home games this season.............................

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I find it odd that a woman who deliberately tries to incite racial hatred only gets a £300 fine yet someone who stole bottled water in during the riots get's six months!
Surely I don't have to explain the difference between a public order offence & theft?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Comparing sentences is a never ending minefield, due to the fact that they are an entirely subjective issue, decided on by human beings within the guidelines set out by the state. It's pointless. The law does not seek to compare offences: merely to establish whether or not they are proven in each individual case. In this case, they'd have had to decide whether she had intentionally set out to cause harassment, alarm or distress by her actions.

My take on this is that this particular woman didn't just "happen" to find a copy of the Qu'ran in her handbag, or spotted one lying around and was suddenly overcome by an uncontrollable spontaneous urge to make some sort of point. It's quite manifestly something she's actively planned, and something she could only have planned with the intention of causing offence to (a particular group within) society. There was no other reason whatsoever for her to do it. It was a football match, FFS.

Despite what she said following conviction & sentence, she cannot possibly- unless she is monumentally stupid- fail to see why she's been found guilty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here