Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Middlesbrough announce drop in losses

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Don't know but I've seen suggestions that the side promoted through the play offs have given their Wembley gate receipts to the losing side
That would be a gift. I don't know how that fits in with FFP.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I'm not a numbers person BUT purely from a punters point of view and knowing a couple of Boro fans...Strachan basically spent shed loads of money giving big fat contracts to carlos kickaballs and his Celtic mates.

Tony Mowbray came in and slowly but surely got rid of the high wage earners and built a team of youth and grizzled veterans. I remember Boro were always top 4 until about Feb then they ran out of steam, of course they started 2013 rubbish and he was given the tin tack.

So now they have trimmed the wage bill and with some financial skullduggery can "afford" to go large on going up...

07May2016

Apr 8, 2016
There was a gentleman's agreement before the game that the losing team get both cuts. I think that has happened for a while now. Don't think it was anything new

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What's the latest with QPR?

ipad1977

Sep 28, 2015
There was a gentleman's agreement before the game that the losing team get both cuts. I think that has happened for a while now. Don't think it was anything new

That is correct and recently it has always been honoured. I believe last season Boro got in the region of 3million from the Playoff final (1.5mil from Norwich obviously)

I could be wrong as that's without double-checking.

Incidently Rhodes is on around 40k a week as I think our highest earner, with a bonus guaranteed should we go up. Downing is our 2nd highest earner with a wage as a previous Boro fan posted.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Incidently Rhodes is on around 40k a week as I think our highest earner, with a bonus guaranteed should we go up. Downing is our 2nd highest earner with a wage as a previous Boro fan posted.

Fair enough, the figures I was given include promotion bonuses.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here