Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Middlesborough ticket dilemna

el punal

Here's a solution for you. As it's the final game of the season many fans will go in fancy dress, get your two sons to go as a pantomime horse. When you get to the turnstiles you just just show your two tickets - one for you, one for the horse. Problem solved, just pity your son who is the rear end of the nag!

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Here's a solution for you. As it's the final game of the season many fans will go in fancy dress, get your two sons to go as a pantomime horse. When you get to the turnstiles you just just show your two tickets - one for you, one for the horse. Problem solved, just pity your son who is the rear end of the nag!

Especially if he's had a skinfull of real ale washed down with a parmo.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I'd say give em both tickets. Tell em now. Give them enough time so that one might guilt trip out and decide not to go. This sounds to me more like sibling rivalry than a true genuine desire by both sons to go to the game.

If not make sure you get the best possible amount of brownie points and pick a good pub.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
You may well have the same problems the following week, if we dont go up, good luck with that :lol:

I'd let the two boys go, Its called being a Dad, unfortunately.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Tell them they have until Friday to make an adult decision between themselves which ONE of them goes and stop being selfish, at which point, if they couldn't then take a mate or sell it.

No ways give up your ticket. I do have kids but no way would they rule the roost like that.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
This is simple:

Ticket 1: This is yours, fact and end of.
Ticket 2: Is up for sale but of course your Sons have first dibs, let the bidding commence (The revenue from said sibling auction goes into the Wife's Fiesta, Shoe, Strictly fund)

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I was very, very lucky to have got two tickets from the 500 final allocation for Boro.

However. I have two sons who love the Albion

1st son. Has always been a STH but has missed many games this season due to final year at uni
2nd son. Is on club database attends many games including all the home games this season that Son 1 has missed, coming down for each game from London where he lives and works.

2nd Son naturally wants to go
1st Son now says the ticket was obtained on his ST and he also wants to go. The house is at war with me and Mrs S in the middle, I've told them to sort it out between them, but there's no give

Mrs Shingle has now put her oar in and has suggested I don't go and let the two boys have the two tickets. Ooooh go on, I'd do it, I'll even come to the pub with you and watch it, go on, go on, they'd love it

I have tried to explain to Mrs S the possible significance of the game, but alas whoooosssshh. (silly bint)

I've said what would you do if someone offered you a free front row seat for strictly with limo transfer, a v.i.p meet up with all the dancers and judges, unlimited champagne in green room a night in the ritz. Limo pick up the next day with detour to the Eastenders set, lunch in the queen vic with cast and with knowledege of the plot weeks ahead of everyone else, and then on top a grand in cash and a new Ford Fiesta (she like Fiestas)

Would you give it up and give it to your mum/mate. Nahhh didn't think so, and yes it really does equate.

SO serious question who should go

Me and son 1
Me and son 2
Son 1 and 2

Obviously you're an indecisive ditherer who should not be allowed north of Crawley.
I implore you to accept my generous offer of face value cash for the 2 tickets + £100 of drinking vouchers.
I'll even bring back a couple of programmes for the boys along with half-and-half scarves if available.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Thanks for all the input chaps

Despite enormous pressure from Mrs Shingle, I'm going with 2nd son. 1st son has just fallen on his sword.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Thanks for all the input chaps

Despite enormous pressure from Mrs Shingle, I'm going with 2nd son. 1st son has just fallen on his sword.

Thanks for the update!

Make sure your Missus doesn't end up with the sword.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here