Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mid-Table - O - Meter: October

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
With no credit or deficit to bring forward from September we start this month on 0 points...Hopefully another 7 point haul will keep us on target. But it will be difficult as we have just 4 matches this month and I feel we need to take a credit into November because we only have 3 league games in that month.

Points b/f: 0 points

October matches:

Blackpool (home) - 0 points
Scunthorpe United (away) - 3 points
Northampton Town (home) - 1 point
Huddersfield Town (away) - 3 points

Total: 7 points

Points c/f: 0 points

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Last edited:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Blackpool win 3 points
Scunthorpe lose 0 points
Northampton draw 1 point
Huddesfield lose 0 points
Total only 4 points

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Blackpool (home) - 3 points
Scunthorpe United (away) - 1 point
Northampton Town (home) - 3 points
Huddersfield Town (away) - 0 points

Total: 7 points

:clap2:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Blackpool (Home) - 1
Scunny (Away) - 3
Northampton (Home) - 3
Huddersfield (Away) - 1

Total = 8

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
October diary.....

4th - Court hearing lost or timed out - told to wait until December
8th - Lose to Blackpool - Lynch has a bad game
14th - Lose to Scunthorpe - Lynch looks lethargic
21st - Lose to Northampton - Lynch has a stinker
22nd - NSC calls for Knight to move aside, Wilkins to be dropped back to coach.
28th - Lose to Huddersfield - Lynch looks totally disinterested
28th - Harty interviews Ray Bloom who says that, as we're a community club the Board has to act in the best interests of the fans.
29th - Bloom announces that Knight has been asked to step down 'in the best interests of the club and its supporters'. Quotes comments on NSC as evidence that Knight has lost the confidence of the supporters.
30th - Faced with overwhelming boardroom opposition from the Blooms and their coterie, Knight reluctantly hands over to Ray Bloom.
31st - New chairman Bloom announces that he has, reluctantly, had to dismiss Wilkins and White due to the run of poor results. He will be looking for a new manager but, in the meantime, Martin Hinshelwood and John Keeley will take over the running of the football side. Bloom also announces that he is in contact with a potential backer, who would like to buy out the club in its entirety.
31st - Wilkins realises (too late) that Lynch had been saving himself for a move to a prem club (West Ham and Pompey are named).

A halloween nightmare? Maybe, but I don't think it's too far fetched - especially the results and the fate of Wilkins. I also wouldn't be surprised if Lynch has been 'nobbled' by an agent over a big money move 'as long as you stay fit'.

Well, I'm really pleased to have been proven wrong over this month's predictions. If we can get 7 points in November we'll really be motoring (and unbeaten).

Last edited:

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
No, Ernie, it's a nightmare. If the Blooms ever get their hands on this club you'll really find out what a great chairman Knight was.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Jim D said:
October diary.....

31st - Wilkins realises (too late) that Lynch had been saving himself for a move to a prem club (West Ham and Pompey are named).

Sadly, Lynch has already been sold/promised to West Ham and will move in January. You heard it here first.

:(

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Blackpool (home) - 1 points
Scunthorpe United (away) - 1 points
Northampton Town (home) - 0 points

2 points.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

7 points in total

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Huddersfield Town (away) - 3 points

10 points, its gunna be a good month i tell the

cjdavis

May 17, 2006
shoreham
Jim D said:
No, Ernie, it's a nightmare. If the Blooms ever get their hands on this club you'll really find out what a great chairman Knight was.

Not saying you,re wrong...but why will it be so bad....??

I ask because I know very little about them, apart from the fact that the family seem to have been involved in the Albion in one way or another ever since I started watching them......and also one of them was on the Board in the Archer days..( tho to be honest, not really sure he could have done anything against him and that arsehole who introduced him to the club )

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Time to change the title of this thread I'm afraid.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Buzza said:
Time to change the title of this thread I'm afraid.

Tragically it is :down:

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
A double update for you all with the Blackpool debacle and the unexpected win at Sunthorpe United.

We still need a win and a draw to stay on target. As for what is being said about re-naming this thread I have given it some thought and decided if we fail to make the target 2 months running this will be converted into a Stay-up - O - Meter.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing-Zagreb BHA

Last edited:

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Update time again. With us throwing away 2 points today we now must win away at Huddersfield next Saturday to stay on target. Anything other than a win will be disasterous because we cannot afford to go into November playing catch-up as we only have 3 league games in that month.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here