Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky Adams

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Adams was very good for us,during a very difficult period. It is his foundations that make us what we are today.IMO he only lags behind Mullery and Poyet in the last 50 years,with Catlin not far behind .

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Adams was very good for us,during a very difficult period. It is his foundations that make us what we are today.IMO he only lags behind Mullery and Poyet in the last 50 years,with Catlin not far behind .
Why not Pat Saward who got us promoted on a shoestring and Barry Lloyd who nearly took us from the 3rd to the 1st in a few seasons. Steve Gritt who saved us. Catlin was OK but what did he achieve? Mullery took over the late Peter Taylor's spine and did well. Poyet did well but one wonders whether he thinks he should get all the credit for the success.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Just spoke to a tranmere supporter here in Liverpool and apparently Dave Jones is favourite. He hadn't heard any Adams rumours.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Once again you show your total lack of knowledge of anything related to football.

You've certainly got him there. Probably gets most of his knowledge from some sort of new fangled "website", devoted entirely to rumours about football, I imagine.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Why not Pat Saward who got us promoted on a shoestring and Barry Lloyd who nearly took us from the 3rd to the 1st in a few seasons. Steve Gritt who saved us. Catlin was OK but what did he achieve? Mullery took over the late Peter Taylor's spine and did well. Poyet did well but one wonders whether he thinks he should get all the credit for the success.

All very valid names.

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
Well just to give you an update,

Micky can only be described as a disaster, he has been really heavily backed - signed well over 25 players since he has been here and has changed his formation every two seconds- some of them are bizarre, we went to two seperate relegation 6 pointers away from home playing 424 and we lost both without a shot on goal

He is having pops at the press here every other week and frozen out decent players on a regular basis - 7 have fallen out with him and out the squad altogether

He has lost the plot and its a real shame as we are going down

1 win in 10, 5 points from a possible 30 and a -11 goal difference in that time

Brezovan not doing much better made two crucial errors in last two games that have cost us massively

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

Micky can only be described as a disaster, he has been really heavily backed - signed well over 25 players since he has been here and has changed his formation every two seconds- some of them are bizarre, we went to two seperate relegation 6 pointers away from home playing 424 and we lost both without a shot on goal

He is having pops at the press here every other week and frozen out decent players on a regular basis - 7 have fallen out with him and out the squad altogether

Brezovan not doing much better made two crucial errors in last two games that have cost us massively

Oh dear. The dinosaur's had his day - that blaming everyone else thing he does is really, really tedious. This all sounds horribly familiar. Best of luck.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

Sorry to hear. I hope you somehow manage to stay up. How are his relations with Max Power, I assume he will be moving on in the summer?

I personally never rated Brez, although he wasnt bad in a penalty situation. As for Adams, it sounds very similar to his second spell in charge with us, lots of loan players, no real idea of what his best team or shape was and a lot of blame being passed around.

On a side note, how was Sham Fenelon when he played for you guys?

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
Sorry to hear. I hope you somehow manage to stay up. How are his relations with Max Power, I assume he will be moving on in the summer?

I personally never rated Brez, although he wasnt bad in a penalty situation. As for Adams, it sounds very similar to his second spell in charge with us, lots of loan players, no real idea of what his best team or shape was and a lot of blame being passed around.

On a side note, how was Sham Fenelon when he played for you guys?

Yeah sounds very familiar

Even yesterday he was moaning that he can only work with what is here, we have used 50+ players this season!

As for the other questions Max is out of contract and no way is he staying, Brez plays well and is a good shot stopper/ at penalties but he makes one or two mistakes a game

Fenelon is an odd one, he was doing really well for us in a front 3 with Rory Donnelly up top then for some reason Micky bought in Hughill from Preston sent Fenelon back and started playing Donnelly left wing and we have collapsed since

As fans we could take going down if the players were not good enough but we have a good squad but he is sending us down

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
Oh dear. The dinosaur's had his day - that blaming everyone else thing he does is really, really tedious. This all sounds horribly familiar. Best of luck.

It is probabaly what annoys me the most

A recent example

Press: Is Jason Koumas in with a chance when fit
MA: You love Koumas don't you
Press: Will Koumas have a chance when fit?
MA: (Long Pause) As I say you love Koumas

On Elliot Richards " It was my first look at him and he is a million miles away from ever being in one of my sides"

It hardly has been making the squad a happy one

It is probabaly what annoys me the most

A recent example

Press: Is Jason Koumas in with a chance when fit
MA: You love Koumas don't you
Press: Will Koumas have a chance when fit?
MA: (Long Pause) As I say you love Koumas

On Elliot Richards " It was my first look at him and he is a million miles away from ever being in one of my sides"

It hardly has been making the squad a happy one

I asked him at a fan's forum what his objectives were for the forthcoming season; he replied that he didn't have any.

Unfortunately you may have a way to go on the pitch, unless he's already playing a centre half on the wing?

Good luck btw.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Sounds like Brez, good luck mate

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
has apparently walked tonight after a gutless 0-3 home defeat to Oxford which pretty much condemned us to the conference

Got quite nasty actually, fans hurling abuse at him in the dugout and a 2 hour protest outside the ground

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here