Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky Adams to Port Vale?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well what do you think pays more, a school teacher job, even one at a private school, or a football manager?

If he's offered the Vale job (looks to me to have Martin Ling all over it however) he'll take it like a shot. Good luck to him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can't believe they'll be stupid enough to give it to him, he's past it and any club chairman that can't see that possibly deserves the (expensive) failure he will inevitably bring.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I'd love to see Micky get another job and turn it around but I jsut can't see it happening:glare:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Is he about to do to Ardingly what he did to us the first time round?!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'd love to see Micky get another job and turn it around but I jsut can't see it happening:glare:

He was always a bit shit tactically and did well with teams that outfought and outmuscled other teams, made up mostly of players he had at Fulham and other places. What we saw this time around was no improvement tactically and players not willing run through brick walls for him or compete every ball. If he's lost that he has no chance of success and from what I saw this season he has no chance with modern players and modern tactics.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
He was always a bit shit tactically and did well with teams that outfought and outmuscled other teams, made up mostly of players he had at Fulham and other places. What we saw this time around was no improvement tactically and players not willing run through brick walls for him or compete every ball. If he's lost that he has no chance of success and from what I saw this season he has no chance with modern players and modern tactics.

Thats your opinion, Everyone has different opinions

My opinion is he would do a good job there and prove you all wrong:thumbsup:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hang on, a few people on here went nuts the other day when individuals started suggesting that the likes of Mayo were crap and would be lucky to get new jobs in football.

What's the difference with Adams? He was awesome first time around, the second time it didn't work out. I doubt it was for the want of trying- I'd bet nobody was more disappointed than him. How much would it hurt you if your hard earned reputation fell to bits on your return to a previous employer?

I think we need to move on. He has his rightful place in the Albion's history, and I hope that's not tarnished by the second spell at the club. We've got a new and hopefully successful manager in place, things are looking up, so let's just wish Micky Adams well and focus on the future. Not slag the guy off.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Hang on, a few people on here went nuts the other day when individuals started suggesting that the likes of Mayo were crap and would be lucky to get new jobs in football.

What's the difference with Adams? He was awesome first time around, the second time it didn't work out. I doubt it was for the want of trying- I'd bet nobody was more disappointed than him. How much would it hurt you if your hard earned reputation fell to bits on your return to a previous employer?

I think we need to move on. He has his rightful place in the Albion's history, and I hope that's not tarnished by the second spell at the club. We've got a new and hopefully successful manager in place, things are looking up, so let's just wish Micky Adams well and focus on the future. Not slag the guy off.

Well said mate, I totally agree :thumbsup:

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Well said:clap:

I'm just waiting for all the do-gooders who waded into the negative threads about Mayo and Robinson the other day with insults and arguments of their own, as well as the idiots who managed to take offence at one post I made about Fraser, to appear protect an actual legend in Micky Adams on this thread.

:blush::blush:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Thats your opinion, Everyone has different opinions

My opinion is he would do a good job there and prove you all wrong:thumbsup:

Good for you, but he was an unmitigated disaster here this time, with a budget. I doubt he'll prove me wrong..time will tell

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
...seems to have been the case second time around to be fair, yesterdays man?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Well said:clap:

I'm just waiting for all the do-gooders who waded into the negative threads about Mayo and Robinson the other day with insults and arguments of their own, as well as the idiots who managed to take offence at one post I made about Fraser, to appear protect an actual legend in Micky Adams on this thread.

Let it be known. Anyone who disagrees with CB is an idiot.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Why would any club want to give Adams a job after the complete balls up he made of his last stint at Brighton? He may have had a sucessful time at the club first time round but all the signs are that he is now well past his sell by date. His motivational and tactical skills also appear to be limited. Slade is such a superior manager by comparison.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Why would any club want to give Adams a job after the complete balls up he made of his last stint at Brighton? He may have had a sucessful time at the club first time round but all the signs are that he is now well past his sell by date. His motivational and tactical skills also appear to be limited. Slade is such a superior manager by comparison.

:tosser:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here