Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky adams success

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
i think that Micky adams main success was Bobby Zamora - it was bobby the bigger success not Micky - yes he did a good job but he left us to go onto better things in the premiership adn who says he won't do it again?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
i think that Micky adams main success was Bobby Zamora - it was bobby the bigger success not Micky

I would agree with that. I think Zamora was flattering on all of our managers, but it is difficult to judge Micky without Zamora. Remember he built the basis of a very good team that survived without Bobby. He deserves our patience and time to sort out his team.

who says he won't do it again?

Micky Adams

"The short term aim is to get the club in the Championship. I think that is achievable, certainly in the three years that I've got. We then establish it in the Championship for a push maybe for the Premiership, once we are in the new stadium. Anything is possible."

Obviously actions speak louder than words, but he seems to be in it for the long run.

herman gelmet

Not the tosser
Jan 20, 2008
worthing
yes he did a good job but he left us to go onto better things in the premiership adn who says he won't do it again?

I will be delighted if a premiership side eventually comes in for Micky. He would have had to achieve something pretty spectacular with us, to interest any prem club. Win the fa cup? Back to back promotions again?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm happy that MA is now back at the helm. Has proven he can do a job for us.

Tho I've got no illusions as to his loyalty. Unless he's learnt a bit of humility on his travels and realised he's not the managerial hotshot he thought he was.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I personally think Paul Rogers was equally as important as BZ. In fact pretty much most of the team he put together got us two league titles and a season in the championship.

One thing I will say on the last couple of days events is that I recall reading somewhere on here that DK has said that the thing that has cost us most is not staying in the Championship. I think the fault for that lies mainly with the shambles of the preseason of our first season up there when we were likely to have had more available money and a bigger fanbase than when Mark McGhee took us back there first time of asking. To me that has been DK's biggest balls up of his time with the club and he now admits that that has cost us dear.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm still of the view that Adams' greatest triumph was getting the phrase 'Burgess Hill love-nest' into the Sunday tabs. I just never thought I'd read those words.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am in two minds as to whether he can replicate his success from the last time he was here. The nucleus of the Albion and Fulham sides he signed and did so well with are no longer playing for the most part, so won't be able to help him this time but there is no denying he had a formula that worked.

His promotion at Leicester was on the back of a ready made team, much like Taylor's success is put down to the team he inherited. He then suffered a relegation which was to be half expected given Leicester's lack of funds . The job he had at Coventry was again with serious financial restrictions. Neither club has done any better since he left, and in Leicester's case far worse.

I have an open mind about whether he will be a success this time round but he has a good nucleus again and if he's given the money I think he'll have us in with a shout of promotion. Experience could well be the key and he has plenty of that. Interesting times ahead I think.

Although he may not have been a massive success whilst he's been gone, I don't recall any of his teams losing against the Albion, in fact I think he may have won every game that his teams played against us???

Last edited:

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
If people challenge him that he was lucky to have found Zamora, then it's a good thing. It'll be up to him to prove that it wasn't that simple, and that it was no fluke.

Good challenge - & nicely put.

That should fire him up nicely...

I have no doubt given MA's proven motivational abilities that he will do it again.

He will also inject some mental strength and toughness back into the side, which has been lacking for a while now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here