Mickey Adams, Chippy and Sir Danny Cullip

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Went to the Six Bells at Chiddingly last night to see a band only to be presented with the three legends out on a session after Charlie Oatway's testimonial dinner, absolute quality blokes who spent loads of time talking to me and my mate even though we were hammered by the end of the night.

Mickey still seems a bit aggrieved about the last stint as manager and has not apparently set foot in The Amex yet which I found amazing considering what he achieved. Told him he shouldn't of perhaps come back but that he was an absolute legend in my eyes and most Albion faithful. Brilliant random night :whisky:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i think everyone will overlook MA part II and remember Micky as a legend for the fine work he done first time round.

btw, its a bit remote, which of them lives round that way?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Danny lives at Newick

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
i think everyone will overlook MA part II and remember Micky as a legend for the fine work he done first time round.

btw, its a bit remote, which of them lives round that way?

Agree he did seem a bit gutted about it all though, I couldn't believe they were over there and still didn't find out why!! That pub is legendary though and in my opinion the best pub in the Sussex by far, they had a driver pick them up in a Bentley I think (!) Danny Cullip lives in Newick and Chippy still lives in his caravan in North Kent.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Swings and roundabouts, innit? I don't remember him leaving us with a heavy heart the first time around. His spell looked ill fated and we needed to pick up the pace with our push for the new ground.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Not really that random its probably Sussex's best kept secret that pub, amazing place on the right night, still strange to see them in there though, think Matt Hicks was there as well (awaits bin fest of comments)

Spoke to someone earlier who said that there were three BHA players in the Six Bells last night. Wonder why they were in somewhere so random.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Spoke to someone earlier who said that there were three BHA players in the Six Bells last night. Wonder why they were in somewhere so random.

They'd all been at the Metropole earlier in the day for Charlie's testimonial lunch. They probably decided to carry on drinking as MA hasn't got a game until Mon eve on tv. He's just won the League 2 manager of the month award.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Went to the Six Bells at Chiddingly last night to see a band only to be presented with the three legends out on a session after Charlie Oatway's testimonial dinner, absolute quality blokes who spent loads of time talking to me and my mate even though we were hammered by the end of the night.

Mickey still seems a bit aggrieved about the last stint as manager and has not apparently set foot in The Amex yet which I found amazing considering what he achieved. Told him he shouldn't of perhaps come back but that he was an absolute legend in my eyes and most Albion faithful. Brilliant random night :whisky:

What was his response to that? I must say, I wouldn't dream of saying that to a player/manager that I didn't actually know, even if I thought it.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
In the context of conversation we had no problem at all after I told him I held him in the highest esteem for what he did for the club first time around. I was only saying it how I saw it as a long time supporter, nothing wrong with being honest.

What was his response to that? I must say, I wouldn't dream of saying that to a player/manager that I didn't actually know, even if I thought it.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪

He shouldn't be. He's been in management long enough to know its a fickle game. The only thing that's certain in a Football managers career is uncertainty.

His first stint at Brighton was virtually all highs. The return from Gillingham to Withdean, The Third Division Title, Top of the Second when he left. He then decided the grass was greener at Leicester & decided to jump ship.

During his second stint, he made a complete hash of the job & got the boot. That's Football Management for you. He should know - Success = Hero Worship. Failure = The Sack.

He really should have no reason to feel aggrieved.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I think in the future people will only really remember his successful spell - just as they do with Mullery... Can anyone think of a manager who has returned to a club and actually done better the second time round?

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK

I love this kind of a tale, nice one!

That was a good team, wasn't it.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports