Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Michelle Walder, new Albion director

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I hope to God she doesn't make the players attend any HR power point presentations. Nothing worse.

one one of ours last month, some american left his phone off mute and was heard to say " what the hell is all this crap about, if they are going to let us all go, just ****ing well tell us" the chap doing the presentation spent the next 10 minutes saying this was all about career progression and helping you "achieve to your maximum".....just not at our company..LOL

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
"Ah. 'Partner' used as a verb, 'leveraging your people's potential', 'solution', 'facilitation' - management-speak words and phrases to make the heart sink. What does any of it mean? What do they actually do?"

partner....another verb!! To "Medal" as in " I am going to Rio in the hope that I medal" No you dont you ****, you hope to WIN a medal!!!!!

Leveraging your people's potential. - making them work harder for less money by sacking everyone around them, and not replacing them and expecting you to do their work too for no extra money ( Sound familiar???)

Solution. facilitation. I am a trainied facilitator and opearate in solution management, i.e I make sure things work and helping people when they cant do something or cant speak to the person they need to.

Its all american corporate BS speak.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Sounds like a sensible appointment to be honest, you need to have a strong HR person on the board in most sizeable businesses. An impressive CV, with a remit to get the best out of top level staff, what's not to like?

I'm with you - B&HA is a pretty sizeable organisation now, and in my experience a progressive HR function can make a huge difference. Football clubs are gradually emerging from the dark ages, and realising that they need to be run like businesses. The Albion is probably ahead of the curve in many ways, and this is probably another example of that foresight.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I'm with you - B&HA is a pretty sizeable organisation now, and in my experience a progressive HR function can make a huge difference. Football clubs are gradually emerging from the dark ages, and realising that they need to be run like businesses. The Albion is probably ahead of the curve in many ways, and this is probably another example of that foresight.

Ah, the "customer" argument

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I agree that a progressive HR department can make a big difference to a company/organisation. The problem is that most organisations dont know how to demand/get the best from their HR department and most HR departments are crap as a result, badly led and reduced to churning out corporate cliches, recruitment and disciplinary proceedings (usually done badly). Basically, like trade unions, you get the HR department you deserve.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It really isn't.

It's about being a progressive business. Do you not think football clubs are businesses?

To be honest mate, I don't care anymore. the moment the message got out that we were customers was the moment the flame flickered and died. ⛳⛳⛳⛳️��������

I

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I really don't see the point of this. What is the future benefit of supporting womens football?

I know its not pc to say it but genuinely what is the benefit that we get from it? I know male and female fans alike who don't understand the prominence it is given.

I have to 100% agree with this sadly. What the hell does women's football actually produce?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
All very interesting that résumé but can treacle make a decent cup of tea for our Tony?

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
I have to 100% agree with this sadly. What the hell does women's football actually produce?

You're agreeing with someone who happily professes his own ignorance - and he does that mostly on the say so of people who don't understand it. You could answer the second question for yourself if you jettisoned the ignorance you so readily endorse, and found out for yourself.

What the hell does women's football actually produce?
Quite simple, really. It produces women footballers who play entertaining football. What many people get from that is watching entertaining football, while supporting Brighton & Hove Albion.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You're agreeing with someone who happily professes his own ignorance - and he does that mostly on the say so of people who don't understand it. You could answer the second question for yourself if you jettisoned the ignorance you so readily endorse, and found out for yourself.

What the hell does women's football actually produce?
Quite simple, really. It produces women footballers who play entertaining football. What many people get from that is watching entertaining football, while supporting Brighton & Hove Albion.

And I have to agree with you because...

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
And I have to agree with you because...

You don't.

But at least a post from a position of knowing what you're on about (rather than 100% agreeing with someone who happily posts that they don't understand what he's posting about) might add some weight to your argument.

All you've done is profess not understanding women's football.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You don't.

But at least a post from a position of knowing what you're on about (rather than 100% agreeing with someone who happily posts that they don't understand what he's posting about) might add some weight to your argument.

All you've done is profess not understanding women's football.

Sorry am I missing something? Are you the sage of all knowledge regarding women's football? If I don't see the point of it, I don't see the point of it. I think I can post for myself. The chances of you naming 10 famous English women footballers would leave you stuttering, except on the internet of course, where you could easily find a few. The support, even at the top level is shocking. Generally people are not interested in women's football. And if that hurts your politically correct swaying, tough shit. The standard of the County League (Combination) is far higher but doesn't get the same prominence. It's all about doing the 'right' thing.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Did anyone find out why the women's' management team got sacked immediately ahead of last season's play-off resulting in the loss of some key players at a critical time?

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Sorry am I missing something? Are you the sage of all knowledge regarding women's football? If I don't see the point of it, I don't see the point of it. I think I can post for myself. The chances of you naming 10 famous English women footballers would leave you stuttering, except on the internet of course, where you could easily find a few. The support, even at the top level is shocking. Generally people are not interested in women's football. And if that hurts your politically correct swaying, tough shit. The standard of the County League (Combination) is far higher but doesn't get the same prominence. It's all about doing the 'right' thing.

Ah, the meaningless 'politically correct' grizzle.

If you can't see the point of it, why post? Women's football has evidently got nothing to do with you. Meanwhile, back in the real world, it's a growing spectator and participant sport, and plenty of people love it.

You despise the idea of women playing football, and you have no notion of the quality ever improving - good for you. But if you wish to profess it has no point when you've admitted you don't understand it or don't know anything about, as an argument, it's a bit... feeble.

Still, if you wish to continue on and on about something you have no interest in, fill yer boots...

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
I'd add to that young girls still miss Gully's Girls

Don't think it's just our young supporters that miss Gully's Girls. I think that was half the problem and why they were ultimately released.

I always found scantly dressed 15-16 year olds dancing in front of 20,000 overweight middle aged men, slightly inappropriate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Ah, the meaningless 'politically correct' grizzle.

If you can't see the point of it, why post? Women's football has evidently got nothing to do with you. Meanwhile, back in the real world, it's a growing spectator and participant sport, and plenty of people love it.

You despise the idea of women playing football, and you have no notion of the quality ever improving - good for you. But if you wish to profess it has no point when you've admitted you don't understand it or don't know anything about, as an argument, it's a bit... feeble.

Still, if you wish to continue on and on about something you have no interest in, fill yer boots...

Sorry but I find your whole rant rather demented.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here