Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Michel Kuipers

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Just as well he was sent off really - Kuipers wouldn't have saved the penalty.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Seems like Kuipers might be "doing a James", signed there for convenience more than anything else and that shows in indisciplined performances.

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
The first half was absolutely dreadful with Forest Green happy to settle for a draw. Crawley must have had at least 62% possession but never looked like scoring really.

The game turned on Scott Bartlett's sending-off for FG - their most influential player. From then on the match descended into madness though! I can't give a clear view on what Michel Kuipers did as i was standing at the other end of the ground but as soon as he raised his hand there was only going to be one outcome - very similar to what the Bolton keeper Juskalainen did yesterday. He got booed off the pitch and called a few names for letting the team down. I wasn't even aware it was a penalty as I was texting someone about FDM's second sending off of the season! Nick Jordan saved the spot-kick and got a massive cheer. Not long after, Crawley's penalty was outside the area and another sending-off.:lolol: The referee had lost the plot by this stage but Tubbsy kept his cool with a decent spot-kick.

Quite a match and worth the admission fee of £14. I can't believe the attendance was only 1,400 or something. There was at least 2,000 I'm sure. Worth going to and great entertainment.

Hmmmm....next Saturday. Barnet v Cheltenham or Crawley v Fleetwood? I know where the ambition is.

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Terraces felt packed and there was good vocal support. Need at least 3,000 to break even though with the players signed? As I said earlier really enjoyed today. Hope Crawley can stay in the top five all season.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Just read some match reports from Forest Green fans who were at the game, it sounds like Michel chased after the Rovers centre forward and punched him in the face (not quite a Jaskalaainen slap)...leaving him lying in a pile on the floor with his face a bloody mess...think Michel might be getting a lengthy ban from that moment of stupidity. Following the resultant missed penalty the ball went down the other end and Tubbs was fouled outside the area, the linesman flagged for a foul outside the box but the ref over-ruled him, awarded the penalty and flashed another red card.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Hmmmm....next Saturday. Barnet v Cheltenham or Crawley v Fleetwood? I know where the ambition is.

Fleetwoood are a decent side... multi millionaire funding them, a decent player in Ian Craney I believe. I took them in an ante post bet anyway.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Crawley will have to go out and sign a few more players as cover for suspensions.

Jeez if they don't go up there will be one hell of a big bang when they blow up financially

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here