Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micheal Laudrup Sacked

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
They were saying on football weekly the other day that Laudrup has suffered a bad case of second season syndrome in all his other managerial jobs.

After last seasons achievements and European football it was always going to be a testing season. They've got to make sure that his replacement is top notch. Otherwise they are in serious doo doo.

Maybe?

View attachment 50905

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Why do you presume that this will damage his career? He would have been in all likelihood leaving of his own choice at the end of the season and he has plenty of contacts in La Liga. His body of work at Swansea will still stand him in good stead for future employment in top flight football anywhere across Europe.

I never said it would damage his career, nor do I think that it will do. What he achieved at Swansea last year will far outweigh the mess that this season is looking like becoming, I was just making the comparison between his reputation a few months ago (walking on water) to now (sunk, for a short while).

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I believe the thinking behind the decision is that it was well known with Swansea that Laudrup was going to be leaving this summer, the disappointing form this season caused unrest amongst the board so with his pending departure and slightly precarious league position they've acted before it was too late.

It was never going to get any better than a cup final win and highest ever finish in the prem last year amazed he didn't jump ship in the summer !

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
and only yesterday his chairman said there was nothing in the rumour that they were discussing his future

never TRUST anyone in football

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
This is the same Thicko who was wanted by Blacburn and by many on here when Gus left and also a very highly respected coach within the game.

He might be a respected coach, but it's pretty obvious he's no member of MENSA. Very tactically naïve in how he set Tottenham up against Man City last week without a holding midfielder.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
It means one of two things....

1. It's the Leeds tactics and he'll be back by morning
2. Di Canio rises again

Oct 25, 2003
its been a fairly typical season really for a fairly small team who are also in europe. Very difficult to balance the two with a small squad. Fortunately they still have some excellent players such as Bony who have kept them from really struggle like, for example, Ipswich in the past.

shame as i do like swansea and i also like laudrup from his playing days so i was enjoying that combination. Hopefully they'll bring in a replacement with an even more impressive hairstyle

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here