Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Michał Karbownik - polish Lamptey - sold to Hertha Berlin

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
And there is another one, a rather dumb one at that.
I am just saying what they are saying here in Warsaw, from supporters' of 'his' club... or do you wish me the lie?

On offense intended, it was an off the cuff comment as every player we have ever signed or shown interest in Dwayne says has a mate who is a season ticket holder at their club and they say he is crap.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
OP is just a Brighton fan for about 6 years - Pole who live in Hove since 2014. And, no - I didn't have any inside knowledge - I just thought Karbownik would be a good transfer and he fits Brighton transfer policy and Potter's LWB requirements. Together with Moder they are really big talents- wonderkids of Polish football. And finally yes, Karbownik can play both sides and also as an attacking central midfielder (he played on this position in u-21 Polish national squad), however atm left wing back is his main position in Legia Warsaw

This has to be the NSC scoop of the window - brilliant.

Wisła Kraków

Oct 8, 2020
Just been speaking to a few Polish friends here in Warsaw this morning and they say that Michał Karbownik is massively overrated, however, they do have good things to say about Jakub Moder.

I'm afraid those friends are massively misinformed. These opinions about 'overrated' stem from few facts:

a) a year ago nobody in Poland heard about Karbownik
b) his first autumn as LB was fantastic and very unusual for an eastern european type of player. He played very forward, dribbled, assisted, there was some Spanish touch to it and drew attention of the scouts all over the continent
c) then in this spring, he was moved to RB and there the fun stopped + massive hype around him wasn't helping either. After the lockdown Legia's style downgraded, they still managed to win the champion but poorly started this season and did not get into the group stage (lost to Qarabach in 4th round EL). Karbownik was a bit of a victim of all this commotion, he's still 19 after all

Ergo, people that follow football mostly on livescore tend to say now "Karbownik? Ah yeah, yeah overrated..". If he plays on his position (he argues that in the middle he feels well too) and develops further you just got yourselves a diamond.

That's my first post on northstand, hello to all the Seagulls

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Can't find a better thread to add onto...

Hertha Berlin are ‘still hot’ on the idea of signing Brighton and Hove Albion defender Michal Karbownik this summer, despite already signing a left-back.​
Hertha are one of those who are keen on him and Karbownik is ‘open to a move’ to the capital this summer as well. One potential issue is the seven-figure fee that Brighton are looking for, which Hertha can’t afford at this moment in time as they have no financial leeway without securing sales.​

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Can't find a better thread to add onto...

Hertha Berlin are ‘still hot’ on the idea of signing Brighton and Hove Albion defender Michal Karbownik this summer, despite already signing a left-back.​
Hertha are one of those who are keen on him and Karbownik is ‘open to a move’ to the capital this summer as well. One potential issue is the seven-figure fee that Brighton are looking for, which Hertha can’t afford at this moment in time as they have no financial leeway without securing sales.​

Wonder what the situation is with him now. Where is he? - presumably back at Lancing, but not on a jolly to the USA. Singed 3 years ago, but presumably with some time left on his contract if we are able to ask a 'seven figure' fee for him.
Has he finally decided he will play LB? That appeared to be the problem when he came to us - we thought we had bought a LB, but he didn't want to play there! If he is now a LB, could he have been cover for Pervis? - presumably RDZ will have had a look at him and decided not.
A strange one - doesn't appear to have started any fires on loan, but we seem to be wanting a £million plus for him - more than we apparntly got for others who haven't quite made it with us,, like Molumby, Clarke, Gyokeres and Roberts, for example.

Last edited:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Wonder what the situation is with him now. Where is he? - presumably back at Lancing, but not on a jolly to the USA. Singed 3 years ago, but presumably with some time left on his contract if we are able to ask a 'seven figure' fee for him.
Has he finally decided he will play LB? That appeared to be the problem when he came to us - we thought we had bought a LB, but he didn't want to play there! If he is now a LB, could he have been cover for Pervis? - presumably RDZ will have had a look at him and decided not.
A strange one - doesn't appear to have started any fores on loan, but we seem to be wanting a £million plus for him - more than we apparntly got for others who haven't quite made it with us,, like Molumby, Clarke, Gyokeres and Roberts, for example.
It appears he's a relative MISS in our recruitment. Mainly, perhaps, another victim of our success in the last couple of years. Whilst he might have got a place in the 2020/21 squad, he (presumably) won't this season.

Last edited:

veuve

Jun 27, 2015
It appears he's a relative MISS in our recruitment. Mainly, perhaps, another victim of our success in the last couple of years. Whilst he might have got a place in the 2020/21 squad, he (presumably) won't this season.
Well he has a couple of weeks to impress rdz .

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Well he has a couple of weeks to impress rdz .
Andy Naylor reported a few weeks ago that he wasn’t in RDZ plans and will be either sold or loaned by sept 1st

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
Andy Naylor reported a few weeks ago that he wasn’t in RDZ plans and will be either sold or loaned by sept 1st

If true then hopefully that means a backup LB will be bought in. Last transfer that we REALLY need

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Schalke are very keen but again money is an issue. Relegation has tightened budgets even further. At least there is a decent shirt sponsor this year as Veltins make a much welcome return.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

That's what I thought would be the case - thanks for the confirmation.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Veltman, Lamptey, Gross, Milner and Calceido can all play RB. I think we have enough cover there if Lamptey isn’t sold

"Can play" doesn't match where we aspire to be. Midfielders playing right back is far from ideal.

I list Veltman as an excellent right back. I have lost all faith in Lamptey's fitness ( but, who knows, he may play tonight if he isn't broken ). I suppose once I "wrote off" Lamptey - with regret - a new right back became a priority.

Last edited:
Reactions: A1X

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We need a right sided Pervis, a selection of backups won’t really cut it plus drags key players out of their best positions

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We need a right sided Pervis, a selection of backups won’t really cut it plus drags key players out of their best positions
I suspect this guy is the one. I also suspect that it might be one for the end of the window as there appears to be multiple clubs after the lad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here