Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Michael Kenneth Williams RIP

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Chalky White in Boardwalk Empire and also in The Wire, very talented character actor, sadly judging by reports beset with demons, another tragic Hollywood tale.

RIP

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
He gave and absolutely stella performance as Omar Little in The Wire. His character will be remembered as one of the most compelling in TV history. David Simon, the creator of The Wire has tweeted:

“Too gutted right now to say all that ought to be said. Michael was a fine man and a rare talent and on our journey together he always deserved the best words. And today those words won’t come.”

Very sad news.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Have never watched the Wire, but he was brilliant in BE.

The Wire is one of those shows that everybody bangs on about how good it is and you think "nah, it can't be that good" and then you watch it and you go "bloody hell this is good, I must tell everyone"

It's worth the watch, absolutely. And the Omar character is excellent.

RIP Michael

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
The Wire is one of those shows that everybody bangs on about how good it is and you think "nah, it can't be that good" and then you watch it and you go "bloody hell this is good, I must tell everyone"

RIP Michael

Is it on Netflix?

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove

RIP Michael

The Wire closely followed by Sopranos remain the greatest tv series in history for me.

Omar was a fantastic character

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

RIP Michael

This

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Chalky White in Boardwalk Empire and also in The Wire, very talented character actor, sadly judging by reports beset with demons, another tragic Hollywood tale.

RIP

Out of interest Lenny as part of job do you subscribe to the Daily Death Newspaper? You do a lot of RIP threads

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Wire closely followed by Sopranos remain the greatest tv series in history for me.

Omar was a fantastic character

The Sopranos closely followed by The Wire and The West Wing for me.
Whichever one I rewatched most recently gets second.

It's been a while since I crushed The Wire in about 5 bleary eyed (oh just one more before bed) sessions.

Omar was a character and a half.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Out of interest Lenny as part of job do you subscribe to the Daily Death Newspaper? You do a lot of RIP threads

I'm doing a bit more media work these days, so look at a lot of newspaper sites, hence why the Roy Chubby Brown article came to my notice, although in some ways I wish it hadn't, at my age checking under your car every time you get in it, takes it out of you.

You take on the NSC knitting circle at your peril...…….

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I really loved The Wire, but, the last season was the weakest, probably due to the writers strike.

Omar was my favourite character, what an exeptional performance.

RIP.

swd40

Mar 22, 2006
The Sopranos closely followed by The Wire and The West Wing for me.
Whichever one I rewatched most recently gets second.

It's been a while since I crushed The Wire in about 5 bleary eyed (oh just one more before bed) sessions.

Omar was a character and a half.

Spelt Band of Brothers wrong.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Band of Brothers

bee-gees-stayin-alive.gif

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I'm doing a bit more media work these days, so look at a lot of newspaper sites, hence why the Roy Chubby Brown article came to my notice, although in some ways I wish it hadn't, at my age checking under your car every time you get in it, takes it out of you.

You take on the NSC knitting circle at your peril...…….

You media whore.

At your age? Blimey chap suppose we go back a long time, you used to call my now ex-wife(bitch) England's No1 back in the day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here