Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Michael Jayston - RIP

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Very much this. Played lots of times against him at Rottingdean. He used to sneak quite a few handy wickets as some young blade would invariably get over confident and try to slog him into the fields. Really nice bloke always up for a chat and cricket mad. The last time I spoke to him I was square leg umpire and on the turn around he was talking about the filming schedule for Emmerdale. Even if you didn't know his name he was one of those faces you knew from a huge varied body of work. Aside from acting he also used to make a lot of money for doing voice overs for TV adverts like St Ivel Gold due to his assertive eloquent tone of voice. Film wise I remembered him from Zulu Dawn.
The last thing you did at Rottingdean was swing a blade at a spinner. Even a long hop had a habit of biting you ankles.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Met him once when he was a celebrity guest of honour with Chris Ellison at a charity event my dad was DJing.
Also worked briefly with his daughter.

Strange that they are referencing OFAH so much though as he was only ever in one episode. Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy might’ve been more relevant.

RIP

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Just looked it up. He played Ireton.
That’s it! I can picture him now, only watched again couple years ago. He was often a historical No.2 to a main character in these epics. Same in Zulu Dawn.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Met him once when he was a celebrity guest of honour with Chris Ellison at a charity event my dad was DJing.
Also worked briefly with his daughter.

Strange that they are referencing OFAH so much though as he was only ever in one episode. Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy might’ve been more relevant.

RIP
Lazy journalism basically. A real quality and varied career and that's all they can reference :(

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Met him just once a few years ago in the pavilion at Sussex CCC where he impressed me with his ability to name correctly every player on team photographs (and not just Sussex ones, Aussies too), while I covered up the names! Thoroughly decent bloke; he'll be sadly missed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here