• Top 10

• Top 30

• Top 50

Results are only viewable after voting.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I know from previous threads on NSC and conversations with members there is a huge army of Michael Bolton fans out there. He is also alongside David Essex and Rod Hull one of the greatest place based celebrities, but where does he rank amongst the great American singer songwriters?

???

Last edited:

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
he's not been very well has he?

wish him all the best

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
For the joke to work, we need to give a shit.

This would be like me starting a poll about Peter Hammill.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
For the joke to work, we need to give a shit.

This would be like me starting a poll about Peter Hammill.
The joke works precisely because nobody gives a shit - hence the “worst” option for anyone who votes ranking him in the Top #50. I thought the concept was expertly worked, but the choice of artist was weak.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I know from previous threads on NSC and conversations with members there is a huge army of Michael Bolton fans out there, but where does he rank amongst the great American singer songwriters?

???
About 10 miles away from Michael Wigan

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The joke works precisely because nobody gives a shit - hence the “worst” option for anyone who votes ranking him in the Top #50. I thought the concept was expertly worked, but the choice of artist was weak.
Yes, the concept was well crafted, but he messed up with the artist. I must confess I have never heard him, but I'm at a disadvantage, being a keen music lover.

I look forward to more Crodo threads. But given Preston (sorry, artist's name has slipped my mind) has been ill, this one is in rather bad taste.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Personally I ranked him at number one, because he is clearly the finest recording artist to ever live - a view I share with all my peers. If Her Majesty were alive, she would agree - he is a veritable tsunami of vocal talent wrapped beautifully in an extremely marketable package. Truly one of the finest musicians to ever live, as I am sure we all agree.

I do Crodo better than Crodo nowadays.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Well, he's only got one head, so presumably just the one.

1709332749854.png

Nope

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton should be put behond bars for his awful haircut. Steel Bars.

Last edited:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Wife loves his music so we went to see him a few years back, think it may have been Wembley Arena.
Anyway, few beers and wine beforehand meant wife had to go for a toilet break. This left an isle seat a few rows from the front at the time Michael walks amongst the crowd and he sits next to me!
As I'm not his type (male) he sang to the woman across the isle.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Wife loves his music so we went to see him a few years back, think it may have been Wembley Arena.
Anyway, few beers and wine beforehand meant wife had to go for a toilet break. This left an isle seat a few rows from the front at the time Michael walks amongst the crowd and he sits next to me!
As I'm not his type (male) he sang to the woman across the isle.

Did you tell him to get back on stage or ask for your money back ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think for the joke to work the subject needs to be a well known character, soap 'star' and the like. Not the Ruel Fox of pop singers (I assume Ramsbottom's a singer and not the star of Phantom of the Opera.

That was another Michael, I seem to recall. Crawford. I like him. Multitalented. And not a little odd.

There's not giving a shit, and not even knowing whether it is a shit or clay (to paraphrase one of my dad's favourite aphorisms).

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Yes, the concept was well crafted, but he messed up with the artist. I must confess I have never heard him, but I'm at a disadvantage, being a keen music lover.

I look forward to more Crodo threads. But given Preston (sorry, artist's name has slipped my mind) has been ill, this one is in rather bad taste.
Genuinely didn't realise he wasn't well.

:nono:

How am I supposed to live without you? Is a modern classic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here