Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micah Richards' chat with Villa fans... any ideas what was said?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I'm not going to join the queue to admonish the Aston Villa fans, but it's worth pointing out that only one or two people are actively abusing the players in that video. Those two aren't representative of the fanbase, so let's keep that in perspective for a start. The team is a joke, an absolute joke. The club has been badly run for a number of years and it's culminating in the complete collapse this season, they were doomed under Sherwood and they're even more doomed under the hapless Remi Garde, who inevitably will leave either at the end of this season or midway through the first half of next season - he's not got the foggiest idea what he was taking on. The club is a shambles and the squad is pathetic. Genuinely, take a look around the Aston Villa squad and tell me which players you'd choose to have in our squad. I'm not sure there are any I'd want.

I'd have Ayew and his brother

el punal

Apparently Micah Richards went over to have a chat with Villa fans after their team drew with Wycombe today.

Anyone fancy a stab at how that conversation went? :lol:

Hello chaps! Thanks for coming along. Just to let you know that when we get relegated to the Championship the admission prices will come down. And . . . wait for it . . . you'll get see eight more league games in the season! Now that is a result!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm not going to join the queue to admonish the Aston Villa fans, but it's worth pointing out that only one or two people are actively abusing the players in that video. Those two aren't representative of the fanbase, so let's keep that in perspective for a start. The team is a joke, an absolute joke. The club has been badly run for a number of years and it's culminating in the complete collapse this season, they were doomed under Sherwood and they're even more doomed under the hapless Remi Garde, who inevitably will leave either at the end of this season or midway through the first half of next season - he's not got the foggiest idea what he was taking on. The club is a shambles and the squad is pathetic. Genuinely, take a look around the Aston Villa squad and tell me which players you'd choose to have in our squad. I'm not sure there are any I'd want.

Ayew, Grealish, Richards, Gil, Gestede

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Its the "I pay my money and am entitled to my opinion" crowd. Pity none of the players did a Cantona on the nosiest gobshite.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Don't really see a problem Richards had the balls to talk to the fans and they were not abusive just constantly repeating the players have no passion which seems fair. The real target should be the board who have costly sold their best player and replaced with second rate players can only end one way.

This, got a lot of respect for Richards for doing that. He didn't have to. The board have royal screwed that club and i think it is a great shame, Villa should be far closer to the top of the table and they have been mismanaged greatly over the last few year.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Ayew, Grealish, Richards, Gil, Gestede

I'm not sure I'd want any of them. There is a reason they are struggling so badly in the Premier League and I'd question what their dressing room is like, for a start. For a team to be doing SO badly, there must be significant problems. Jordan Ayew is typical of their type of signings in the last couple of years, I've seen nothing from him to suggest he's any more than a LuaLua style random threat without offering too much substance outside of little moments of quality. Grealish doesn't seem worth the effort, Gil is a generic little Spanish playmaker who might be ok in spells but he's not an automatic pick in a rubbish Aston Villa team so realistically, would we want him here?

Gestede is fantastic in the air and wouldn't be a bad signing at all, Micah Richards probably isn't worth the financial outlay, not for me. I like him, but is he as good as his pay packet suggests he is? I'm not so sure and for that reason, I'm out.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
As I'm not on facearse and the other clip hasn't helped one bit, would someone summarise please.

Ta..

I'm not on friendface either but the link on the first page works if you click it. Not that it's really worth seeing - just some idiot fan hurling a tirade of foul language at the Villa players as they get on the team bus after the game.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
. For a team to be doing SO badly, there must be significant problems. Jordan Ayew is typical of their type of signings in the last couple of years, I've seen nothing from him to suggest he's any more than a LuaLua style random threat without offering too much substance outside of little moments of quality.

ffs :nono:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Villa have been in the Prem in all 23 seasons and reached a Cup Final less than 8 months ago. In Jack Grealish they had a decent prospect too, yet everything that could have gone wrong has gone wrong for them.

I think the best thing they can do is accept their fate and start the cull in this window because they'll need both of the next two windows to get their squad ready for the Championship.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Good of Richards to front up but he's one of those players who talks a lot but keeps messing up. Absolute liability at centre back .

As for villa , they could struggle next season in the championship.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Poor from Villa fans. Yeah I know they are having an absolute shocker of a season, but that's not the way to go about it.

Utter, utter cretins. Just for them, they deserve to go down. I would be sickened if Brighton 'supporters' treated our players like that.
Hypia was getting pretty much the same abuse when we played Millwall at home last season.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I'm not sure I'd want any of them. There is a reason they are struggling so badly in the Premier League and I'd question what their dressing room is like, for a start. For a team to be doing SO badly, there must be significant problems. Jordan Ayew is typical of their type of signings in the last couple of years, I've seen nothing from him to suggest he's any more than a LuaLua style random threat without offering too much substance outside of little moments of quality. Grealish doesn't seem worth the effort, Gil is a generic little Spanish playmaker who might be ok in spells but he's not an automatic pick in a rubbish Aston Villa team so realistically, would we want him here?

Gestede is fantastic in the air and wouldn't be a bad signing at all, Micah Richards probably isn't worth the financial outlay, not for me. I like him, but is he as good as his pay packet suggests he is? I'm not so sure and for that reason, I'm out.

All five of these players would easily get into our starting line-up. To think otherwise is lunacy.

Richards better than Bruno? Yep.

Grealish better than Murphy? Yep.

Gil better than Manu? Yep.

Ayew better than Baldock/Wilson? Yep.

Gestede better than Hemed? Yep.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here