Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Meyer to sign for Palace

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It really is a mystery how Palace have survived considering the eye watering horrific sums they have spunked on awful players. But there they are, still comfortably doing enough year in year out.

Hodgson may be in his twilight years but he knows how to organise a team with old journeymen and play counter attacking football with some flair attackers. I hate how well they do every season and I wouldn’t enjoy watching most of their games as I don’t like the style. It clearly works at the moment, I wonder what will happen when he decides to call it a day, as he definitely is responsible for turning them from relegation scrappers to lower mid table.

Once they get that new stadium built who knows how far they could go :wink:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Prudent financial management if you ask me. Now Meyer is off the books they can afford to give Mr Tumble and Benteke a much deserved pay rise

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Blimey, he's banked a fortune. Well played midget, well played.

Part of me is concerned they'll do something intelligent with the savings but I can't see it.

Perhaps they'll go for Ozil and/or Costa?

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Not comfortably. They made a massive loss in their last accounts, only offset by selling ****-Bissaka to Man United.

They borrow £40m each year against future TV money and then roll it over.

They've spent the money that the Yanks put in and there is zero "ringfenced" cash for improving their crumbling hovel.

Without finding another player to sell for a massively overpriced fee every year. They are financially ruined.

Good!!! :lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here