Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Metal Detecting

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Ashdown Forest around large Oak trees etc where a lot of folks buried their valuables centuries ago.
My mate found about 20 gold coins about 15 years ago handed them in about 6 months later received a cheque from
HM Paymaster General for around £18,000 .
And a letter thanking him for his honesty.
Not saying it's an everyday occurrence but it's a fab way to keep fit and very interesting too was thinking of taking it up myself

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
you'll need to hold your breath for the southern half of your 30 mile radius.........

Never hold your breath under water :

DSC43571.jpg

LowerWesty

LowerWesty
Aug 16, 2012
Hassocks
Not very useful, but perhaps entertaining.

Some time ago a mate of mine was up on the Downs above Brighton, with his detector and came across an item about 2ft square. He only had a couple of hand tools in his bag and only managed to dig down a few inches, so he covered the site, took bearings and went home to get more tools.

He was sure that it must be something worthwhile, perhaps a treasure chest full of gold coins. So he set about digging down, at about 2ft he hit a solid object and the excitement mounted. Further feverish end activity resulted in him identifying a FRIDGE!!!

Disapointed, I should say so, we just couldn't understand how a fridge came to be buried 2ft down, in the middle of a field, on the top of the Downs.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Not very useful, but perhaps entertaining.

Some time ago a mate of mine was up on the Downs above Brighton, with his detector and came across an item about 2ft square. He only had a couple of hand tools in his bag and only managed to dig down a few inches, so he covered the site, took bearings and went home to get more tools.

He was sure that it must be something worthwhile, perhaps a treasure chest full of gold coins. So he set about digging down, at about 2ft he hit a solid object and the excitement mounted. Further feverish end activity resulted in him identifying a FRIDGE!!!

Disapointed, I should say so, we just couldn't understand how a fridge came to be buried 2ft down, in the middle of a field, on the top of the Downs.

Maybe it had a body in it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here